Notebook Sound Update

Discussion in 'Gateway' started by Scott, Jul 12, 2003.

  1. Scott

    Scott Guest

    I called GW tech support because my new 400 SP Plus
    notebook won't play any sound when booting up or shutting
    down. All sounds work under Control Panel/Sounds and
    when playing CD's, DVD's. etc. GW had me reload the
    sound card drivers, with no change. They suggested going
    back to the original "restore" point, which I did...and the
    startup/shutdown sounds started working again, but I didn't
    want to leave it there. The only programs I've added are
    Email Notify, SMC Wireless PC card, Netscape 4.8 and
    Tweak UI (Powertools for XP).

    Any ideas as to what killed the sounds?

    Thanks!
    Scott

    1. Advertising

  2. Scott

    Scott Guest

    Is there any kind of batch file that could play a sound as
    the system boots to the desktop?

    Scott