    is the difference between the EP-9NPAJ+SLI and the EP-9NPA+SLI other than the
    price ? I see that the latter has Firewire where the former does not. Is there
    any other difference ?

    Edward Diener No Spam, Aug 20, 2005

  2. Edward Diener No Spam

    DaveL Guest

    Oops. Looks like Epox does not have the comparison chart for socket 939.
    But the difference looks like EP-9NPA+SLI comes with two extra sata jacks
    and firewire.

    DaveL

    "Edward Diener No Spam" <> wrote in
    message news:z5xNe.308$...

    DaveL, Aug 20, 2005

  3. DaveL wrote:
    > Oops. Looks like Epox does not have the comparison chart for socket
    > 939. But the difference looks like EP-9NPA+SLI comes with two extra sata
    > jacks and firewire.

    Do you have user experience with either one ? I am looking for a reliable mobo
    which will be useful for the near future, and also a company which supports
    their product. My first home-built computer was with an Abit Socket A mobo and,
    while it was a decent board with good flexibility, I have found Abit to be a
    poor supporter of their customers, although the user base is very helpful. How
    does Epox compare in this respect ?

    Edward Diener No Spam, Aug 20, 2005
  4. Edward Diener No Spam

    DaveL Guest

    I currently have two Epox 8RDA+ systems and they have always been flawless
    in operation. I have also built three systems for people using the Epox
    Nforce3 board called 8KDA3J. All boards are awesome. I also have
    experience with building systems Asus, MSI, Abit, Biostar, Aopen and some
    others I can't remember. I think Epox is the best. Asus and Abit are good
    too but cost more and usually don't have the exact feature set I want. MSI
    are quirky, Biostar is cheap junk and Aopen can't seem to write a decent
    bios.

    DaveL

    "Edward Diener No Spam" <> wrote in
    message news:4rJNe.7079$...

    DaveL, Aug 20, 2005
  5. DaveL wrote:
    > I currently have two Epox 8RDA+ systems and they have always been
    > flawless in operation. I have also built three systems for people using
    > the Epox Nforce3 board called 8KDA3J. All boards are awesome. I also
    > have experience with building systems Asus, MSI, Abit, Biostar, Aopen
    > and some others I can't remember. I think Epox is the best. Asus and
    > Abit are good too but cost more and usually don't have the exact feature
    > set I want. MSI are quirky, Biostar is cheap junk and Aopen can't seem
    > to write a decent bios.

    Thanks for the good comments about Epox. I will take the fewer posts on this NG
    than other mobo company's NGs as a sign that Epox users have less problems than
    others, and that Epox is a supportive company.

    Edward Diener No Spam, Aug 20, 2005
  6. I have experience with all the boards you mention (except AOpen), and all I
    can say is you nailed each one of those manufacturers! :) Epox is simply
    fantastic.

    Regards,

    Margaret

    Margaret Wilson, Aug 22, 2005

    Edward Diener No Spam wrote:
    > DaveL wrote:
    >> I currently have two Epox 8RDA+ systems and they have always been
    >> flawless in operation. I have also built three systems for people using
    >> the Epox Nforce3 board called 8KDA3J. All boards are awesome. I also
    >> have experience with building systems Asus, MSI, Abit, Biostar, Aopen
    >> and some others I can't remember. I think Epox is the best. Asus and
    >> Abit are good too but cost more and usually don't have the exact feature
    >> set I want. MSI are quirky, Biostar is cheap junk and Aopen can't seem
    >> to write a decent bios.

    > Thanks for the good comments about Epox. I will take the fewer posts on this NG
    > than other mobo company's NGs as a sign that Epox users have less problems than
    > others, and that Epox is a supportive company.
    >
    >> DaveL
    >>

    >> "Edward Diener No Spam" <> wrote in
    >> message news:4rJNe.7079$...

    >>> Do you have user experience with either one ? I am looking for a
    >>> reliable mobo which will be useful for the near future, and also a
    >>> company which supports their product. My first home-built computer was
    >>> with an Abit Socket A mobo and, while it was a decent board with good
    >>> flexibility, I have found Abit to be a poor supporter of their
    >>> customers, although the user base is very helpful. How does Epox
    >>> compare in this respect ?

    If you want to see more about epox boards check out
    http://www.aoaforums.com/forum they have an epox message section that
    has epox tech support logging in and answering questions.

    - --
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

    ?To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that
    we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only
    unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American
    public.? [Theodore Roosevelt] 1918

    Adolph & Sharon Weidanz SuSE 9.2
    '78 43' Endeavour Ketch Folding@Home Team 45
    S/V Time To Paws