    Thanks,

    Liz

    , Jul 29, 2006

  2. * :

    > I have some very basic questions. I have NVIDIA Quadro FX 1300 with
    > an Intel 82801GB LPC motherboard.
    >
    > My first question is about the interfaces. Besides the 2 outs for
    > the monitors, what is the 3rd out? 3 pin din or s video?

    Nope, it's a stereo out to connect 3D shutter glasses...

    > Also, my old computer's video card had analog and digital ins.

    Your old gfx card might have had analog in but certainly
    no digital input (digital video is usually provided via Firewire and USB
    which doesn't reside on gfx cards). And video inputs in general can only
    be found with consumer gfx cards (Geforce) and not with professional gfx
    boards like a Quadro...

    > How do I put digital video in the computer besides firewire?

    USB? D1? There are several ways and standards for capturing digital
    video signals...

    > I assume that I'll need an analog-video converter to put analog video
    > in.

    yes.

    > Do i get a separate card?

    No, there are external converter boxes for USB or Firewire which also
    usually provide a better quality than most consumer capturing cards and
    especially the video in on consumer gfx cards...

    > Can I (or should I) put my old video
    > card into this computer as well?

    What for?

    Benjamin

    Benjamin Gawert, Jul 29, 2006

  3. Guest

    Thanks. I've worked mostly with sound before and video is basically
    new to me.

    Liz

    Benjamin Gawert wrote:
    > * :
    >
    > > I have some very basic questions. I have NVIDIA Quadro FX 1300 with
    > > an Intel 82801GB LPC motherboard.
    > >
    > > My first question is about the interfaces. Besides the 2 outs for
    > > the monitors, what is the 3rd out? 3 pin din or s video?

    > Nope, it's a stereo out to connect 3D shutter glasses...
    >
    > > Also, my old computer's video card had analog and digital ins.

    > Your old gfx card might have had analog in but certainly
    > no digital input (digital video is usually provided via Firewire and USB
    > which doesn't reside on gfx cards). And video inputs in general can only
    > be found with consumer gfx cards (Geforce) and not with professional gfx
    > boards like a Quadro...
    >
    > > How do I put digital video in the computer besides firewire?

    > USB? D1? There are several ways and standards for capturing digital
    > video signals...
    >
    > > I assume that I'll need an analog-video converter to put analog video
    > > in.

    > yes.
    >
    > > Do i get a separate card?

    > No, there are external converter boxes for USB or Firewire which also
    > usually provide a better quality than most consumer capturing cards and
    > especially the video in on consumer gfx cards...
    >
    > > Can I (or should I) put my old video
    > > card into this computer as well?

    > What for?
    >
    > Benjamin

    , Aug 9, 2006
  4. Guest

    > Nope, it's a stereo out to connect 3D shutter glasses...

    What are 3D shutter glasses?

    Liz

    , Aug 9, 2006