    with m.s. word or newsgroups. Just with email. Very strange.
    Any suggestions?
    Jerry

    J.Lef, Feb 4, 2007

  2. Are you possibly leaning on the front edge of the laptop? I find that my
    touchpad is sensitive to pressure near it.

    Joan F \(MI\), Feb 4, 2007

  3. J.Lef

    Denzil Guest

    "J.Lef" <> wrote in message
    > Hello to all:
    >
    > I am having some trouble on my gateway laptop, and not sure what
    > to do.
    > The problem is with the keyboard and software.
    > Everything is fine, but it seems like a lot of the time, when I am
    > typing in outlook express(I have used for email since the beginning of
    > time)
    > it seems the cursor jumps for no reason to other parts of the text and
    > starts typing in no matter where it lands.
    > So if I am in the middle of a paragraph, and typing a sentence, all of a
    > sudden I realize that the last two sentences are being typed in the middle
    > of sentences above.
    > Its very frustrating, especially since I am a quick typist, and
    > dont ususally look at what I wrote till before I send. It doesnt seem to
    > happen with m.s. word or newsgroups. Just with email. Very strange.
    > Any suggestions?
    > Jerry

    =============

    Jerry, my response is the same as Joan's. I have a Solo 9500 that from the
    beginning I equipped with a mouse, both corded and wireless at different
    times. Consequently the touchpad is not needed or used.Unfortunately, unlike
    later models and other brands you can't turn the touchpad off on the Solo.

    Normally I am very careful not to accidentally brush on the touchpad but my
    wife used to hit it all the time. The symptoms are exactly as you describe.
    Denzil.

    ===========

    Denzil, Feb 4, 2007
  4. J.Lef

    J.Lef Guest

    Thanks for responding. I will keep an eye on it, however it only
    happens using outlook express it seems and then only while doing mail.
    I have no problems when using any other product such as word , etc.
    But I will keep an eye out and see it perhaps I am doing that.
    Much regards Jerry

    J.Lef, Feb 4, 2007
  5. J.Lef

    J.Lef Guest

    Well that doesnt seem to be the solution.
    It seems to only happen, when I am replying to emails that I have
    received.
    I will be typing and then hit a key and the cursor just picks up at
    another location, and starts adding text?
    I have never seen this before.
    Any other suggestions?

    Thanks

    J.Lef, Feb 4, 2007
  6. Did you recently upgrade to IE7? I have heard of people having problems
    with OE after doing so.

    Joan F \(MI\), Feb 5, 2007
  7. J.Lef

    J.Lef Guest

    > Did you recently upgrade to IE7? I have heard of people having problems
    > with OE after doing so.

    No I didnt. I dont thank I have even opened up i.e. on
    this laptop since I received it. I use firefox.
    Thanks

    J.Lef, Feb 5, 2007
  8. J.Lef

    chicagofan Guest

    J.Lef wrote:
    >> Did you recently upgrade to IE7? I have heard of people having problems
    >> with OE after doing so.
    >>

    > No I didnt. I dont thank I have even opened up i.e. on
    > this laptop since I received it. I use firefox.
    > Thanks

    I think you're pretty satisfied with the responses you've already
    gotten, but I just want to add FWIW... that I've found that I'm brushing
    my touchpad with my thumb or hand which causes this... because I don't
    hold my hands up high enough. It drives me crazy, but when it happens I
    know what I have to do now... life my hands. ;)
    bj

    chicagofan, Feb 6, 2007
  9. J.Lef

    chicagofan Guest

    chicagofan wrote:
    > J.Lef wrote:
    >>> Did you recently upgrade to IE7? I have heard of people having
    >>> problems
    >>> with OE after doing so.
    >>>

    >> No I didnt. I dont thank I have even opened up
    >> i.e. on this laptop since I received it. I use firefox.
    >> Thanks
    >>

    > I think you're pretty satisfied with the responses you've already
    > gotten, but I just want to add FWIW... that I've found that I'm
    > brushing my touchpad with my thumb or hand which causes this...
    > because I don't hold my hands up high enough. It drives me crazy, but
    > when it happens I know what I have to do now... life my hands. ;)
    > bj

    Correcting typo of: "I have to LIFT my hands", and adding ... because
    that is how I'm moving the cursor... unintentionally.
    bj

    chicagofan, Feb 6, 2007