Obsolete emulator / parts killing business buy old pds900

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by john11w, Apr 16, 2012.

  1. john11w

    john11w Guest

    I've developed a nice business over the past 15 years lately using th
    89lpc92x family of parts. The DIP (20) package is important so tha
    upgrades may be made in the field. Yearly volume is 3-5K parts. Yes, board
    are assembled by hand using through hole parts. I support 5 part timers an
    still use 51 assembler. About 15 active designs.

    I just blew the bondout R1.0 in my 2nd PDS900 and now have 1 left.

    The reality of my dependance on the on the PDS900 is hitting home.

    Does anyone have the hex for the bondout? Or an old PDS900

    If I must switch suppliers, any comments of mpu's in DIP and emulato
    support for those products. I see stuff from Silicon Labs and Infineon bu
    no DIP parts.

    Many thanks

    ---------------------------------------

    john11w, Apr 16, 2012

  2. john11w

    Tim Wescott Guest

    On Sun, 15 Apr 2012 21:52:07 -0500, john11w wrote:

    > I've developed a nice business over the past 15 years lately using the
    > 89lpc92x family of parts. The DIP (20) package is important so that
    > upgrades may be made in the field. Yearly volume is 3-5K parts. Yes,
    > boards are assembled by hand using through hole parts. I support 5 part
    > timers and still use 51 assembler. About 15 active designs.
    >
    > I just blew the bondout R1.0 in my 2nd PDS900 and now have 1 left.
    >
    > The reality of my dependance on the on the PDS900 is hitting home.
    >
    > Does anyone have the hex for the bondout? Or an old PDS900
    >
    > If I must switch suppliers, any comments of mpu's in DIP and emulator
    > support for those products. I see stuff from Silicon Labs and Infineon
    > but no DIP parts.

    Make a plug-in board. There's plenty of board-board interconnect
    solutions; just make a board with a processor, and away you go.

    --
    Tim Wescott
    www.wescottdesign.com

    Tim Wescott, Apr 16, 2012

  3. john11w

    Don Y Guest

    Hi Tim,

    On 4/15/2012 10:37 PM, Tim Wescott wrote:
    > On Sun, 15 Apr 2012 21:52:07 -0500, john11w wrote:
    >
    >> I've developed a nice business over the past 15 years lately using the
    >> 89lpc92x family of parts. The DIP (20) package is important so that
    >> upgrades may be made in the field. Yearly volume is 3-5K parts. Yes,
    >> boards are assembled by hand using through hole parts. I support 5 part
    >> timers and still use 51 assembler. About 15 active designs.
    >>
    >> I just blew the bondout R1.0 in my 2nd PDS900 and now have 1 left.
    >>
    >> The reality of my dependance on the on the PDS900 is hitting home.
    >>
    >> Does anyone have the hex for the bondout? Or an old PDS900
    >>
    >> If I must switch suppliers, any comments of mpu's in DIP and emulator
    >> support for those products. I see stuff from Silicon Labs and Infineon
    >> but no DIP parts.

    > Make a plug-in board. There's plenty of board-board interconnect
    > solutions; just make a board with a processor, and away you go.

    It's a *bondout* processor. *Not* a (normal) COTS product. Having
    the *particular* (special) processor is the issue, here.

    (No idea how the OP has "blown" it...?)

    Don Y, Apr 16, 2012
  4. john11w

    Tim Wescott Guest

    On Sun, 15 Apr 2012 22:51:01 -0700, Don Y wrote:

    > Hi Tim,
    >
    > On 4/15/2012 10:37 PM, Tim Wescott wrote:
    >> On Sun, 15 Apr 2012 21:52:07 -0500, john11w wrote:
    >>
    >>> I've developed a nice business over the past 15 years lately using the
    >>> 89lpc92x family of parts. The DIP (20) package is important so that
    >>> upgrades may be made in the field. Yearly volume is 3-5K parts. Yes,
    >>> boards are assembled by hand using through hole parts. I support 5
    >>> part timers and still use 51 assembler. About 15 active designs.
    >>>
    >>> I just blew the bondout R1.0 in my 2nd PDS900 and now have 1 left.
    >>>
    >>> The reality of my dependance on the on the PDS900 is hitting home.
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone have the hex for the bondout? Or an old PDS900
    >>>
    >>> If I must switch suppliers, any comments of mpu's in DIP and emulator
    >>> support for those products. I see stuff from Silicon Labs and Infineon
    >>> but no DIP parts.

    >> Make a plug-in board. There's plenty of board-board interconnect
    >> solutions; just make a board with a processor, and away you go.

    > It's a *bondout* processor. *Not* a (normal) COTS product. Having the
    > *particular* (special) processor is the issue, here.
    >
    > (No idea how the OP has "blown" it...?)

    "If I must switch suppliers, yadda yadda".

    --
    Tim Wescott
    www.wescottdesign.com

    Tim Wescott, Apr 16, 2012
  5. john11w

    Branchy

    Joined:
    May 19, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    As a former Philips employee I have several new PDS900 systems that I do'nt use anymore.If you want to have them please give me your e-mail address and I will contact you.

    Branchy, May 20, 2012
  6. john11w

    byteit

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Is this where I can reply directly to provide an email address.
    If not how or where.
    I am requiring about a PDS900 if available.

    Thanks

    byteit, Aug 13, 2012