OC sempron2800+

Discussion in 'AMD Overclocking' started by syzer, Sep 6, 2006.

  1. syzer

    syzer Guest

    Hi.
    Muy quest is to OC sempron2800+ from stock 2Ghz to at leat 2,4Ghz
    but after aplying FSB190 mhz my comp dosent start(black screen).
    My question is it due to old motherboard -asrock sis 741?
    or due to lousy power supply(300W)
    or maybe this procesor wont go beyond 190Mhz( i canna doupt that)

    my ram is ddr400mhz
    the graphics is also new(radeon)

    few days ealier i got a sempron2200+ and it runs stable @ 1,9Ghz even at
    applied FSB217Mhz

    after that barier the windows didnt started - but comp were operating(NO
    BLACK SCREEN)...

    so is it due to a power supply??

    --

    "Lightspeed at ACCENT ;)"
    syzer, Sep 6, 2006

  2. syzer

    syzer Guest

    syzer, Sep 6, 2006

  3. syzer

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 21:36:09 +0200, syzer wrote:

    > Hi.
    > Muy quest is to OC sempron2800+ from stock 2Ghz to at leat 2,4Ghz
    > but after aplying FSB190 mhz my comp dosent start(black screen).
    > My question is it due to old motherboard -asrock sis 741?
    > or due to lousy power supply(300W)
    > or maybe this procesor wont go beyond 190Mhz( i canna doupt that)
    >
    > my ram is ddr400mhz
    > the graphics is also new(radeon)
    >
    > few days ealier i got a sempron2200+ and it runs stable @ 1,9Ghz even at
    > applied FSB217Mhz
    >
    > after that barier the windows didnt started - but comp were operating(NO
    > BLACK SCREEN)...
    >
    > so is it due to a power supply??

    No. It may be due to the default vcore of the cpu's. Try raising that.

    Wes Newell, Sep 7, 2006
  4. syzer

    syzer Guest

    > No. It may be due to the default vcore of the cpu's. Try raising that.

    default is 1,60 i rised it (via BIOS) to 1,7 and still nothing. +6% it's all
    what my board can handle.
    i've upgraded BIOS to newest vesion - still nothing.
    what u think about Vmod??

    --

    "Lightspeed at ACCENT ;)"

    pamietaj o usunieciu _ w adresie
    syzer3 TosiewycinA@poczta_.onet.pl
    syzer, Sep 8, 2006
  5. syzer

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 14:31:56 +0200, syzer wrote:

    >> No. It may be due to the default vcore of the cpu's. Try raising that.

    > default is 1,60 i rised it (via BIOS) to 1,7 and still nothing. +6% it's all
    > what my board can handle.
    > i've upgraded BIOS to newest vesion - still nothing.
    > what u think about Vmod??

    Had a board similar to that (ASrock K7S8X R3.1) and used to single wire of
    the pinmod to increase a Duron 1600's vcore from 1.5v to 1.7v and then
    with the bios could raise it another 6% to get it even higher. So you
    could use the pin mod to raise voltage to anything you want up to 1.85v.
    Personally I wouldn't make the default any more than 1.80v. Just checked.
    Adding one wire would take your default to 1.80v.

    http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/pinmod/amd_pinmod.html

    Wes Newell, Sep 8, 2006
  6. syzer

    syzer Guest

    thanks.
    i loocked at this site.
    my stock conf is 1,65V, so if the pins are connected insideCpU as on the
    drawings...
    adding one wire wouldn't it make 1,85??
    corect me if im wrong...
    syzer, Sep 8, 2006
  7. syzer

    syzer Guest

    ofcourse i dont want to cut L11 brige.

    besides is genode is much slower than sempron - or those are nearly same
    procesors??
    syzer, Sep 8, 2006
  8. syzer

    syzer Guest

    i've done pinmod as u told me.
    but a increse of fsb is very small.
    adding more than 1,8V - cause my CPU temp rise rapidly
    - the stock cooling isn't enough to handle this heat.

    adicionally this board after 1,8 started to be unstable the voltage goes
    +/-0,5V!!

    for this board and CPU i think thats max.
    syzer, Sep 9, 2006