oc'ing amd athlon 2500 barton

Discussion in 'AMD Overclocking' started by Fenny, May 5, 2005.

  1. Fenny

    Fenny Guest

    if you have a locked barton will it go over stock speeds without crashing.

    I have tried some settings but to no avail trying to get 3200 speeds?

    Any suggestions

    1. Advertising

  2. Wes Newell

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Wed, 04 May 2005 23:25:56 +0000, Fenny wrote:

    > if you have a locked barton will it go over stock speeds without crashing.
    >
    > I have tried some settings but to no avail trying to get 3200 speeds?
    >
    > Any suggestions

    Most will do 2200MHz (Athlon XP 3200+) although many have had to raise
    vcore to get there. You need a board that supports a 200MHz FSB.

  3. Fenny

    Fenny Guest

    I do have a mobo that supports 200fsb and i have up'ed the vcore but
    nothing...just crashes...that's why i ask will the 'locked' chip go over
    stock...

    "Wes Newell" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 04 May 2005 23:25:56 +0000, Fenny wrote:
    >
    >> if you have a locked barton will it go over stock speeds without
    >> crashing.
    >>
    >> I have tried some settings but to no avail trying to get 3200 speeds?
    >>
    >> Any suggestions

    > Most will do 2200MHz (Athlon XP 3200+) although many have had to raise
    > vcore to get there. You need a board that supports a 200MHz FSB.
    >
    > --
    > My server http://wesnewell.no-ip.com/cpu.php
    > Verizon server http://mysite.verizon.net/res0exft/cpu.htm

  4. Wes Newell

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Thu, 05 May 2005 19:29:36 +0000, Fenny wrote:

    > "Wes Newell" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 04 May 2005 23:25:56 +0000, Fenny wrote:
    >>
    >>> if you have a locked barton will it go over stock speeds without
    >>> crashing.
    >>> I have tried some settings but to no avail trying to get 3200 speeds?

    >> Most will do 2200MHz (Athlon XP 3200+) although many have had to raise
    >> vcore to get there. You need a board that supports a 200MHz FSB.
    >>

    > I do have a mobo that supports 200fsb and i have up'ed the vcore but
    > nothing...just crashes...that's why i ask will the 'locked' chip go over
    > stock...

    When you raise the FSB it also usually raises the ram bus speed. So you
    need to make sure that you're not trying to run your ram at 200MHz with
    low latency 166MHz settings. IOW's, you need to know what you are doing.

  5. dawg

    dawg Guest

    You need to try a couple more things. 1)Raise the Vdimm(ram voltage).2.9v
    is about the limit Id try unless you have some of the new low latency DDR
    that specifically runs at high voltage and a mobo that supports higher
    Vdimm.
    2)Lower the memory timings. Start with CAS to 2.5 or 3 and the orher
    timings can be loosened some too. Most ram timings can be changed in
    increments of 1(one).Experiment.
    Also,do a little googling on overclocking. There's very few systems that
    won't overck at least ten percent or better.

  6. "dawg" <don't > wrote in message
    > You need to try a couple more things. 1)Raise the Vdimm(ram voltage).2.9v
    > is about the limit Id try unless you have some of the new low latency DDR
    > that specifically runs at high voltage and a mobo that supports higher
    > Vdimm.
    > 2)Lower the memory timings. Start with CAS to 2.5 or 3 and the orher
    > timings can be loosened some too. Most ram timings can be changed in
    > increments of 1(one).Experiment.
    > Also,do a little googling on overclocking. There's very few systems that
    > won't overck at least ten percent or better.
    >
    > "Fenny" <> wrote in message
    >> I do have a mobo that supports 200fsb and i have up'ed the vcore but
    >> nothing...just crashes...that's why i ask will the 'locked' chip go over
    >> stock...
    >>

    >> "Wes Newell" <> wrote in message

    >> > Most will do 2200MHz (Athlon XP 3200+) although many have had to raise
    >> > vcore to get there. You need a board that supports a 200MHz FSB.
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Abit KT7-Raid (KT133) Tbred B core CPU @2400MHz (24x100FSB)
    >> > My server http://wesnewell.no-ip.com/cpu.php
    >> > Verizon server http://mysite.verizon.net/res0exft/cpu.htm

    Also, don't forget to lock the AGP at 66 Mhz.

    Pete