    1 501-1186 Xylogics 451 SMD disk controller
    1 501-1132 RAM 4MB

    Available in Linköping, Sweden. But probably not for much longer... :)

    Peter Eriksson, Feb 4, 2011

  2. Peter Eriksson <> wrote:
    > Anyone with a sudden need for some vintage Sun VME boards before we
    > throw them into the recycling bin?
    >
    > Qty Partno Description
    >
    > 1 501-1512 Sun 4/100 SPARC CPU
    > 4 501-1102 RAM 8MB 3/200-4/200
    > 1 501-1576 RAM 16MB
    > 1 501-1132 RAM 4MB

    > Available in Linköping, Sweden. But probably not for much longer... :)

    Please don't throw those away. I would pay shipping, but picking them
    up in Sweden would be kind of difficult. Some of those machines still live
    and spare parts are rare by now.

    Dennis, with a 3/160, 3/470, 4/260...

    --
    Don't suffer from insanity...
    Enjoy every minute of it.

    Dennis Grevenstein, Feb 4, 2011

  3. In article <iih524$jv9$00$-online.com>,
    Dennis Grevenstein <> writes:
    > Peter Eriksson <> wrote:
    >> Anyone with a sudden need for some vintage Sun VME boards before we
    >> throw them into the recycling bin?
    >>
    >> Qty Partno Description
    >>
    >> 1 501-1512 Sun 4/100 SPARC CPU
    >> 4 501-1102 RAM 8MB 3/200-4/200
    >> 1 501-1576 RAM 16MB
    >> 1 501-1132 RAM 4MB

    >> Available in Linköping, Sweden. But probably not for much longer... :)

    > Please don't throw those away. I would pay shipping, but picking them
    > up in Sweden would be kind of difficult. Some of those machines still live
    > and spare parts are rare by now.

    I thought the same thing, but didn't know how practical it was to try and
    get them sent over here. Any chance it would be cheaper to get the whole
    stack sent to one place and then parcel them out on this side of the water?

    > Dennis, with a 3/160, 3/470, 4/260...

    bill, who also still has Sun-3's and even a non-VME Sparc or two in his
    stable.

    | and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
    University of Scranton |
    Scranton, Pennsylvania | #include <std.disclaimer.h>

    Bill Gunshannon, Feb 4, 2011
  4. Dennis Grevenstein wrote:
    > Peter Eriksson <> wrote:
    > > Anyone with a sudden need for some vintage Sun VME boards before we
    > > throw them into the recycling bin?

    Please don't dump any of this stuff. Make more noise...

    > > Qty Partno Description
    > >
    > > 1 501-1512 Sun 4/100 SPARC CPU
    > > 4 501-1102 RAM 8MB 3/200-4/200
    > > 1 501-1576 RAM 16MB
    > > 1 501-1132 RAM 4MB

    > > Available in Link?ping, Sweden. But probably not for much longer... :)

    > Please don't throw those away. I would pay shipping, but picking them
    > up in Sweden would be kind of difficult. Some of those machines still live
    > and spare parts are rare by now.

    I'm interested at least in the 501-1221 and one 501-1153. Maybe we
    could get a single package shipped to Germany and sort them out
    locally? I'd participate in shipping cost.

    > Dennis, with a 3/160, 3/470, 4/260...

    Volker, with a 4/110

    --

    "I'm a doctor, not a mechanic." Dr Leonard McCoy <>
    "I'm a mechanic, not a doctor." Volker Borchert <>

    Volker Borchert, Feb 4, 2011
  5. Bill Gunshannon <> wrote:

    > I thought the same thing, but didn't know how practical it was to try and
    > get them sent over here. Any chance it would be cheaper to get the whole
    > stack sent to one place and then parcel them out on this side of the water?

    If I could have one of the boards, I would love to get the
    16MB RAM board for my 3/470. If anybody in the U.S. wants
    to have the lot shipped, I'm fine with that too.
    The multi-serial boards and SMD controllers probably aren't
    worth shipping, so if shipping costs have to be considered,
    I would recommened letting them go to the dumpster.

    Dennis

    --
    Don't suffer from insanity...
    Enjoy every minute of it.

    Dennis Grevenstein, Feb 4, 2011
  6. Dennis Grevenstein wrote:
    > The multi-serial boards and SMD controllers probably aren't
    > worth shipping, so if shipping costs have to be considered,
    > I would recommened letting them go to the dumpster.

    Don't know about the SMD controllers, but I'd take the serials.
    At least the 501-1221 that works with my 4/110. And none of that
    stuff should go to the dumpster. What about asking the *BSD and
    Linux communities whether they need some for porting and testing?

    Volker

    Volker Borchert, Feb 4, 2011
  7. In article <iihr13$f4e$02$-online.com>,
    Dennis Grevenstein <> writes:
    > Bill Gunshannon <> wrote:
    >>
    >> I thought the same thing, but didn't know how practical it was to try and
    >> get them sent over here. Any chance it would be cheaper to get the whole
    >> stack sent to one place and then parcel them out on this side of the water?

    > If I could have one of the boards, I would love to get the
    > 16MB RAM board for my 3/470. If anybody in the U.S. wants
    > to have the lot shipped, I'm fine with that too.
    > The multi-serial boards and SMD controllers probably aren't
    > worth shipping, so if shipping costs have to be considered,
    > I would recommened letting them go to the dumpster.

    Let's not be hasty.... While I have gotten rid of all my SMD disks quite
    some time ago, I could definitely use a multi-serial board. I guess we
    need to try to figure out what it wold cost to get it all sent over here.

    bill

    Bill Gunshannon, Feb 4, 2011
  8. Okay okay - I'll keep the stuff some more time :).

    I get a bit of flak from my co-workers (that didn't work with those
    machines - some of them were almost even not born when I used them :)
    for wanting to save those boards so I figured I'd try to find some new
    homes for them if possible.

    - Peter

    Peter Eriksson, Feb 12, 2011
  9. Peter Eriksson

    Michael Guest

    Hi,

    On 02/12/11 07:58 PM, Peter Eriksson wrote:
    > Okay okay - I'll keep the stuff some more time :).
    >
    > I get a bit of flak from my co-workers (that didn't work with those
    > machines - some of them were almost even not born when I used them :)
    > for wanting to save those boards so I figured I'd try to find some new
    > homes for them if possible.
    >
    > - Peter

    I started my HW life designing VME boards when VME arrived after
    Motorola VersaBus, and still do, am I getting old :)

    Michael, Feb 16, 2011