    drive and a single CD-rom... But its power demands have been
    increased...

    JR the postman

    JR the Postman, Jul 20, 2008

  2. JR the Postman

    Ben Myers Guest

    The only thing non-standard with the 1956D is the form factor. It is only 4"
    deep, so a standard ATX power supply might make the inside a little cramped or
    it simply might not fit... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Jul 20, 2008

  3. On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 21:41:56 -0400, Ben Myers wrote:

    > The only thing non-standard with the 1956D is the form factor. It is
    > only 4" deep, so a standard ATX power supply might make the inside a
    > little cramped or it simply might not fit... Ben Myers

    * * *
    Ben looking at the 20 pin connector when facing the latch side is face up
    the third connection from the right is missing a wire just like the older
    HP proprietary power supply connectors...

    With that in mind I thought this was the older HP proprietary wiring
    style, I will try a 300 watt Antec power supply replacement I have
    tested...

    This computer now basicly a re-housed HP 540n is going to a wheelchair
    bound B+ Junior high student waiting for a replacement computer, her old
    cobbled-together (pent11) finally died...

    I had AntiX the small SimplyMepis Linux distro running well for her, and
    she will get a newer system this afternoon with the same operating system
    if all goes well...

    Thanks for your well timed assistance again...

    JR the postman

    JR the Postman, Jul 23, 2008