    on screen keyboard missing, and I can't figure out whats wrong.

    Can anyone help? As you could imagine it's hard to do anything without it
    when I'm working mostly in Alias Sketchbook in portrait mode. ^^;; Thanks.

    DarkNoise, Mar 15, 2007

  2. DarkNoise

    Chris H Guest

    Would you please double-check in Control Panel/Regional and Language Options
    to make sure the language you've selected on the Regional Options and
    Advanced tabs are both English (United States). If you're running a U.S.
    English system, that's what you should have.

    Then go to the Languages tab, select the Details button, and verify on the
    Settings tab that English (United States) - US is selected as the Default
    input language. In the Installed services pane, you should have English
    (United States) listed in bold face, with at least three of the four (Office
    2003 adds one) of the following under Advanced Text Services:

    - Ink Correction
    - Tablet PC Correction
    - Tablet PC Correction for Windows Journal
    - Tablet PC Text Insertion.

    If all those are correct, you may need to go to the Command Prompt (not
    Start/Run) and enter "regsvr32 inkobj.dll" without the quotation marks, then
    Enter and then "regsvr32 tpcps.dll" (without quotes) then Enter again.
    Restart your machine after finishing each of those two modifications to the
    Registry.

    If this information doesn't help, please post back again.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    Chris H, Mar 15, 2007

  3. DarkNoise

    Tabalot Guest

    Tabalot, Mar 16, 2007
  4. DarkNoise

    Tabalot Guest

    Tabalot, Mar 16, 2007
  5. DarkNoise

    DarkNoise Guest

    Done as aked but the problem hasn't been fixed. I've got upto using the
    command prompts as told, only to be given an error stating;
    "LoadLibrary("tpcps.dll") failed - The specified module could not be found."

    DarkNoise, Mar 16, 2007
  6. DarkNoise

    Kim H Guest

    I tried the same fix. I was able to find the files in the program files,
    microsoft shared files/ink. However, I tried the fix and rebooted after each
    step, but still have the same problem.
    Kim H

    Kim H, Mar 16, 2007
  7. DarkNoise

    DarkNoise Guest

    Aigh, I downloaded the dll's just now and tried it, but still.. nothing. I
    have also found that the onscreen keyboard at log in has also gone blank.

    DarkNoise, Mar 16, 2007
  8. DarkNoise

    Chris H Guest

    I've been on the road since early this morning, give me a few hours and I'll
    figure another attack on the issue. Sorry for the delay.

    Chris H, Mar 17, 2007
  9. DarkNoise

    DarkNoise Guest

    Are you still working on the problem? I havn't heard back in a while.

    DarkNoise, Mar 31, 2007
  10. DarkNoise

    Chris H Guest

    Yup, been busy with family things. :cool:

    I think we went over this, but anyone have TweakUI installed? If so, using
    the X-Mouse setting can cause disruption with the Tablet Input Panel.

    Otherwise, double-check these items:
    To install the U.S. keyboard, follow these steps:
    1. Tap Start, tap Control Panel, and then tap Regional and Language Options.
    (If you use Category view, tap Date, tap Time, tap Language, and then tap
    Regional Options.)
    2. On the Languages tab, tap Details.
    3. In the Default input language list, select English (United States) – US,
    and then tap OK.
    Note If you want to use a different input language as the default, click the
    language that you want to use instead.
    4. Tap the Advanced tab.
    5. Tap to select the Apply all settings to the current user account and to
    the default user profile check box.
    6. Tap OK, tap Apply, and then tap OK.
    Note To make sure that the settings take effect, restart your Tablet PC.

    Chris H, Apr 2, 2007