    I am using a couple different boards 0FG015 and they work fine but I can not get a green light on the aux pwr light on the board. It is always amber. I have changed cpu's, power supplies, fans, ram, hard drives, video cards, etc. No issues show up on the dell diagnostics, so why always the amber light? No bad/swollen caps either.

    mc
    , Mar 19, 2012

  2. Ben Myers Guest

    On Monday, March 19, 2012 2:42:18 PM UTC-4, mc wrote:
    > I am using a couple different boards 0FG015 and they work fine but I can not get a green light on the aux pwr light on the board. It is always amber.. I have changed cpu's, power supplies, fans, ram, hard drives, video cards, etc. No issues show up on the dell diagnostics, so why always the amber light? No bad/swollen caps either.
    >
    > mc

    If I recall correctly, the light is always amber on these boards... Ben
    Ben Myers, Mar 19, 2012

  3. Bob_Villa Guest

    Maybe this will help? http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/opgx270/en/ug/solve.htm
    Bob_Villa, Mar 20, 2012
  4. mc Guest

    On Mar 20, 6:23 am, Bob_Villa <> wrote:
    > On Monday, March 19, 2012 11:42:18 AM UTC-7, mc wrote:
    > > I am using a couple different boards 0FG015 and they work fine but I can not get a green light on the aux pwr light on the board. It is always amber. I have changed cpu's, power supplies, fans, ram, hard drives, video cards, etc. No issues show up on the dell diagnostics, so why always the amberlight? No bad/swollen caps either.

    > > mc

    > Maybe this will help?http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/opgx270/en/ug/solve.htm

    Thanks , I did look at the docs, it doesn't seem to mention the color
    of the aux pwr light on the board though.
    mc
    mc, Mar 20, 2012
  5. mc Guest

    On Mar 19, 6:44 pm, Ben Myers <> wrote:
    > On Monday, March 19, 2012 2:42:18 PM UTC-4, mc wrote:
    > > I am using a couple different boards 0FG015 and they work fine but I can not get a green light on the aux pwr light on the board. It is always amber. I have changed cpu's, power supplies, fans, ram, hard drives, video cards, etc. No issues show up on the dell diagnostics, so why always the amberlight? No bad/swollen caps either.

    > > mc

    > If I recall correctly, the light is always amber on these boards... Ben

    Ben the color of the material on the outside of the light appears to
    be green when the power is disconnected. Maybe its no big deal.
    My old gx 240 has an amber pwr light on the board and then a separate
    green light on the board when it starts...

    mc
    mc, Mar 20, 2012