    functionality I wanted so I went back to Vista. Recovery says it clears
    everything off the c:drive so that shouldn't be an issue. Any ideas how to
    get Origami installed? (I really don't want to do another recovery!)

    dennis j, Feb 25, 2008

  2. dennis j

    V Green Guest

    "dennis j" <dennis > wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have a Fujitsu U810 that I did a system/application recovery on. After
    > using it for a short time again, I discovered that Origami had not reloaded.
    > I downloaded the Origami Experience software but when I try to install, it
    > aborts and tells me it only works on UMPCs (which the U810 is) running Vista
    > (I'm running Vista Home Premium). Since it requires a validation that you
    > are running legit software, I would suspect that it isn't recognizing the
    > UMPC. I did try to install XP Tablet on the PC but never could get the
    > functionality I wanted so I went back to Vista. Recovery says it clears
    > everything off the c:drive so that shouldn't be an issue. Any ideas how to
    > get Origami installed? (I really don't want to do another recovery!)

    Try reposting here:

    http://www.umpcportal.com/modules/newbb/viewforum.php?forum=16

    We've been pretty busy there installing/uninstalling/reinstalling stuff. I
    dumped
    Vista for XPT so I can't be of help with your issue, but others in the forum
    have reinstalled and maybe they can help.

    V Green, Feb 26, 2008

  3. Suggest calling fuji telephone tech support... my experience with them
    to date (about a year now since I purchased a T4215) has been excellent.

    Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

    Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev], Feb 26, 2008
  4. dennis j

    dennis j Guest

    Thanks Beverly, I may try the phone support.

    I tried their email support and they said, clean off your hard drive,
    re-partition, and re-do the recovery! I like the way Vista and the programs
    I've installed look and function right now (still despise Vista O/S, but
    that's another issue) and hate to have to spend a day re-doing all of that
    just so I MIGHT get Origami! (There was no indication that it didn't install
    properly the last time!)

    Dennis

    dennis j, Feb 26, 2008
  5. dennis j

    dennis j Guest

    Thanks! I'll try posting at the link. I really don't like Vista, but
    couldn't get XPT to be fully functional, so I finally gave up.

    Dennis

    dennis j, Feb 26, 2008