Origami Experience Install Problem

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by dennis j, Feb 25, 2008.

  1. dennis j

    dennis j Guest

    I have a Fujitsu U810 that I did a system/application recovery on. After
    using it for a short time again, I discovered that Origami had not reloaded.
    I downloaded the Origami Experience software but when I try to install, it
    aborts and tells me it only works on UMPCs (which the U810 is) running Vista
    (I'm running Vista Home Premium). Since it requires a validation that you
    are running legit software, I would suspect that it isn't recognizing the
    UMPC. I did try to install XP Tablet on the PC but never could get the
    functionality I wanted so I went back to Vista. Recovery says it clears
    everything off the c:drive so that shouldn't be an issue. Any ideas how to
    get Origami installed? (I really don't want to do another recovery!)

    1. Advertising

  2. V Green

    V Green Guest

    "dennis j" <dennis > wrote in message
    > I have a Fujitsu U810 that I did a system/application recovery on. After
    > using it for a short time again, I discovered that Origami had not reloaded.
    > I downloaded the Origami Experience software but when I try to install, it
    > aborts and tells me it only works on UMPCs (which the U810 is) running Vista
    > (I'm running Vista Home Premium). Since it requires a validation that you
    > are running legit software, I would suspect that it isn't recognizing the
    > UMPC. I did try to install XP Tablet on the PC but never could get the
    > functionality I wanted so I went back to Vista. Recovery says it clears
    > everything off the c:drive so that shouldn't be an issue. Any ideas how to
    > get Origami installed? (I really don't want to do another recovery!)

    Try reposting here:

    http://www.umpcportal.com/modules/newbb/viewforum.php?forum=16

    We've been pretty busy there installing/uninstalling/reinstalling stuff. I
    dumped
    Vista for XPT so I can't be of help with your issue, but others in the forum
    have reinstalled and maybe they can help.

    1. Advertising

  3. Suggest calling fuji telephone tech support... my experience with them
    to date (about a year now since I purchased a T4215) has been excellent.

    Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

  4. dennis j

    dennis j Guest

    Thanks Beverly, I may try the phone support.

    I tried their email support and they said, clean off your hard drive,
    re-partition, and re-do the recovery! I like the way Vista and the programs
    I've installed look and function right now (still despise Vista O/S, but
    that's another issue) and hate to have to spend a day re-doing all of that
    just so I MIGHT get Origami! (There was no indication that it didn't install
    properly the last time!)

    Dennis

    "Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]" wrote:

    > Suggest calling fuji telephone tech support... my experience with them
    > to date (about a year now since I purchased a T4215) has been excellent.
    >
    > Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

  5. dennis j

    dennis j Guest

    Thanks! I'll try posting at the link. I really don't like Vista, but
    couldn't get XPT to be fully functional, so I finally gave up.

    Dennis