OS fails to install on EP-8RDA6+Pro

Discussion in 'Epox' started by eredlus, Jun 9, 2005.

  1. eredlus

    eredlus Guest

    I just got my motherboard in and I’m trying to install windows xp. I
    have 2GB Corsair XMS PC3200 DDR and 4 WD SATA Raptor drives that i’m
    going to set up as Raid0 on the secondary RAID controller (the silicon
    image one). the computer boots up fine and all the devices are found,
    i built the raid array and booted up with the windows cd. I specify
    the addition raid driver that i got from the epox cd that came with
    the board. after it finishes loading drivers and goes to the next step
    of the installation, the computer either reboots or i get a blue
    screen with the following stop code - 0x0000007E (0xC0000005,
    0x8081898D, 0xF78D2580, 0xF78D227C). I’m starting to suspect it might
    be my RAM or video card. the video card is a geforce fx 5900 that i
    took out of my previous computer. I’ve tried removing the SATA drives
    and just using an IDE HDD and it does the same thing so i’ve pretty
    much ruled out the SATA or raid controller. any help would be
    appreciated.

    Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Epox-OS-fails-install-EP-8RDA6-Pro-ftopict57155.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=287524

    eredlus, Jun 9, 2005