Overclocking a Barton 2500+

Discussion in 'AMD Overclocking' started by The Designer, Nov 19, 2004.

  1. The Designer

    The Designer Guest

    hi, i am overclocking my 2500+ to 2.3Ghz (210 x 11)
    but running at 1.9v
    the idle temp. is 44-46c
    would the voltage be a bit too high?
    thanks for answering

    --
    Design is all about life improving.

    1. Advertising

  2. I would try it at 1.7 or 1.75 . 1.9 is alot and thats why temps are in the
    mid 40's
    "The Designer" <> wrote in message
    > hi, i am overclocking my 2500+ to 2.3Ghz (210 x 11)
    > but running at 1.9v
    > the idle temp. is 44-46c
    > would the voltage be a bit too high?
    > thanks for answering
    >
    > --
    > Design is all about life improving.

    1. Advertising

  3. Ykalon

    Ykalon Guest

    lonesw0rdsman wrote:

    > "The Designer" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>hi, i am overclocking my 2500+ to 2.3Ghz (210 x 11)
    >>but running at 1.9v
    >>the idle temp. is 44-46c
    >>would the voltage be a bit too high?
    >>thanks for answering
    >>
    >>--
    >>Design is all about life improving.
    >>

    > I would try it at 1.7 or 1.75 . 1.9 is alot and thats why temps are

    in > the mid 40's

    Top posting fixed..

    If he goes that low he can't run it at 2.3 GHz. If you have a VERY good
    air cooler or a good water cooling system 1.9 is fairly safe.