    Vantec aeroflow heatsink/fan

    I'm going to bring the FSB up to 200, what should I put the multiplier and
    voltages to?

    OodlesoFun, Jan 7, 2004

  2. OodlesoFun

    Frank Hagan Guest

    "OodlesoFun" <> wrote in message
    news:Jh0Lb.175028$...
    > Here's what I have:
    >
    > 2100+
    > Shuttle AN35N-Ultra Mobo
    > 512 MB PC3200 ram
    > Fortron 350w PSU
    > 2 120mm case fans
    > Vantec aeroflow heatsink/fan
    >
    > I'm going to bring the FSB up to 200, what should I put the multiplier and
    > voltages to?

    Good choice with the Vantec. Here's what I ran before I got a Barton:

    Shuttle AN35N
    XP2100 T'bred FSB210 x 10.5 (2200MHz) Core voltage 1.7

    512MB PC3200 set at 100%

    Use the Expert setting to set FSB etc.. For starters set CPU to Aggressive.
    Start at a lower FSB (say around 185) and use 1.65v (or Auto) for the CPU
    voltage. Leave memory voltage on Auto to start with. You can always raise
    the voltages later. Check system and memory stability with Memtest86 and
    Prime95. This is an experimental process. You will have to play around for a
    while to see what it takes to get your CPU and memory overclocked to your
    goal. Good luck and let us know how you do.

    FRH

    Frank Hagan, Jan 7, 2004

  3. OodlesoFun

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 23:06:17 +0000, OodlesoFun wrote:

    > Here's what I have:
    >
    > 2100+
    > Shuttle AN35N-Ultra Mobo
    > 512 MB PC3200 ram
    > Fortron 350w PSU
    > 2 120mm case fans
    > Vantec aeroflow heatsink/fan
    >
    > I'm going to bring the FSB up to 200, what should I put the multiplier and
    > voltages to?

    8.5 for Palomino.
    9 for Tbred A core.
    10-12 for Tbred B core.
    You might want to raise vcore a little if you have problems booting at
    higher speeds (over 1733MHz default).

    Wes Newell, Jan 7, 2004

  4. >

    > Shuttle AN35N
    > XP2100 T'bred FSB210 x 10.5 (2200MHz) Core voltage 1.7
    >
    > 512MB PC3200 set at 100%

    On my Ultra bios all I can the FSB option jump from 200 to 234! Am I
    skipping a part of the process here?

    SendintheClowns, Jan 8, 2004
  5. OodlesoFun

    Frank Hagan Guest

    "SendintheClowns" <> wrote in message

    > > Shuttle AN35N
    > > XP2100 T'bred FSB210 x 10.5 (2200MHz) Core voltage 1.7
    > >
    > > 512MB PC3200 set at 100%
    > >

    > On my Ultra bios all I can the FSB option jump from 200 to 234! Am I
    > skipping a part of the process here?

    You have to set "System Performance" in the "Advanced Chipset Features" to
    "Expert". Then you can change the FSB in 1MHz increments. How did you do at
    234? ;-) That would have been something! Play with one setting at a time
    when you get up near your to limit of stability and keep notes of what
    setting combinations you've tried and what the results were. It saves going
    over old ground.

    Frank Hagan, Jan 9, 2004
  6. Hi, you seem to know a lot about this mb. This is something that I posted
    to the alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt group. If you could give me some
    advice I'd appreciate it. Here it is:

    I just installed a Shuttle AN35N Ultra motherboard and the ethernet is
    running like crap. I have it hooked up via cable modem through a router. I
    tried downloading a 50mb driver and the d/l speeds were about 40kb/s. On
    the other 2 PCs in the house it was 330kb/s! I tested the ethernet wire on
    the other PC's and it worked great. What else could the problem be?

    The other PC's are P4 and Celeron. Does this matter?

    Thanks.

    SendintheClowns, Jan 9, 2004
  7. OodlesoFun

    > Hi, you seem to know a lot about this mb. This is something that I posted
    > to the alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt group. If you could give me some
    > advice I'd appreciate it. Here it is:
    >
    > I just installed a Shuttle AN35N Ultra motherboard and the ethernet is
    > running like crap. I have it hooked up via cable modem through a router.

    > tried downloading a 50mb driver and the d/l speeds were about 40kb/s. On
    > the other 2 PCs in the house it was 330kb/s! I tested the ethernet wire

    on
    > the other PC's and it worked great. What else could the problem be?
    >
    > The other PC's are P4 and Celeron. Does this matter?
    >
    > Thanks.

    I'd get the latest drivers from Shuttle. Remove what you have then install
    the new ones. Both of mine have always worked fine except when I downloaded
    an updated driver from Windows Update. Killed my LAN dead ;-) Had to
    uninstall and use the drivers on the setup disk to get back to normal. Can't
    see how a CPU could do in a LAN.

    FRH

    Frank Hagan, Jan 9, 2004