    whose heat is already at a hell level (66 C)?

    I got about 3 fans, one from the PSU, a small secondary auxillary fan,
    and a bigger CPU fan with a large funnel.
    Industrial One, Nov 7, 2008

  2. Industrial One

    Augustus Guest

    "Industrial One" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Wassou. I've got a dualcore Pentium D 925, an Acer F672CR mobo, a gig
    > of ram, NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT video card, and an onboard sound card.
    > Since I bought the new comp, I wanted to take advantage of the 2x
    > faster speed so I've been doing a lot of video encoding, but since I
    > was so used to having slowass 5-6 fps on my old comp, I decided to
    > maximize the quality settings and now I also get about 5-6 fps
    > encoding on this one. I got the PC relatively cheap and I now regret
    > for being so jewish and not waiting 'till I accumulated enough cash
    > for a more modern machine. So since I'm laid off, buying another PC is
    > not an option, hence I wanna overclock this bitch.
    >
    > Where do I start? Is my CPU ideal for overclocking? Can I safely alter
    > 3000 MHz to 4000 in my BIOS? How do I know what the right voltage
    > values are to set? What are the key aspects I should pay attention to?
    > During video encoding or whatever hogs up the CPU to 100%, my mobo
    > temp hops to 47 C and my CPU remains at 22. How hot can the mobo get
    > before it becomes a potential risk? Will a faster CPU affect my GPU
    > whose heat is already at a hell level (66 C)?
    >
    > I got about 3 fans, one from the PSU, a small secondary auxillary fan,
    > and a bigger CPU fan with a large funnel.

    Try leaving out the ethnic slurs and fould language if you expect any
    replies.....
    Augustus, Nov 8, 2008

  3. Industrial One

    Augustus Guest

    > Try leaving out the ethnic slurs and fould language if you expect any
    > replies.....

    "foul language..."
    Augustus, Nov 8, 2008
  4. Industrial One

    RobV Guest

    Augustus wrote:
    > "Industrial One" <> wrote in message
    >> Wassou. I've got a dualcore Pentium D 925, an Acer F672CR mobo, a gig
    >> of ram, NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT video card, and an onboard sound card.
    >> Since I bought the new comp, I wanted to take advantage of the 2x
    >> faster speed so I've been doing a lot of video encoding, but since I
    >> was so used to having slowass 5-6 fps on my old comp, I decided to
    >> maximize the quality settings and now I also get about 5-6 fps
    >> encoding on this one. I got the PC relatively cheap and I now regret
    >> for being so jewish and not waiting 'till I accumulated enough cash
    >> for a more modern machine. So since I'm laid off, buying another PC
    >> is not an option, hence I wanna overclock this bitch.
    >>
    >> Where do I start? Is my CPU ideal for overclocking? Can I safely
    >> alter 3000 MHz to 4000 in my BIOS? How do I know what the right
    >> voltage values are to set? What are the key aspects I should pay
    >> attention to? During video encoding or whatever hogs up the CPU to
    >> 100%, my mobo temp hops to 47 C and my CPU remains at 22. How hot
    >> can the mobo get before it becomes a potential risk? Will a faster
    >> CPU affect my GPU whose heat is already at a hell level (66 C)?
    >>
    >> I got about 3 fans, one from the PSU, a small secondary auxillary
    >> fan, and a bigger CPU fan with a large funnel.

    > Try leaving out the ethnic slurs and fould language if you expect any
    > replies.....

    Agreed.
    RobV, Nov 8, 2008
  5. Industrial One

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs "RobV" typed:
    > Augustus wrote:
    >> "Industrial One" <> wrote in message
    >>> Wassou. I've got a dualcore Pentium D 925, an Acer F672CR mobo, a
    >>> gig of ram, NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT video card, and an onboard sound
    >>> card. Since I bought the new comp, I wanted to take advantage of
    >>> the 2x faster speed so I've been doing a lot of video encoding, but
    >>> since I was so used to having slowass 5-6 fps on my old comp, I
    >>> decided to maximize the quality settings and now I also get about
    >>> 5-6 fps encoding on this one. I got the PC relatively cheap and I
    >>> now regret for being so jewish and not waiting 'till I accumulated
    >>> enough cash for a more modern machine. So since I'm laid off,
    >>> buying another PC is not an option, hence I wanna overclock this
    >>> bitch. Where do I start? Is my CPU ideal for overclocking? Can I safely
    >>> alter 3000 MHz to 4000 in my BIOS? How do I know what the right
    >>> voltage values are to set? What are the key aspects I should pay
    >>> attention to? During video encoding or whatever hogs up the CPU to
    >>> 100%, my mobo temp hops to 47 C and my CPU remains at 22. How hot
    >>> can the mobo get before it becomes a potential risk? Will a faster
    >>> CPU affect my GPU whose heat is already at a hell level (66 C)?
    >>>
    >>> I got about 3 fans, one from the PSU, a small secondary auxillary
    >>> fan, and a bigger CPU fan with a large funnel.

    >> Try leaving out the ethnic slurs and fould language if you expect any
    >> replies.....

    > Agreed.

    I'm glad you guys said that, it saved me from tearing into him.

    M u s t l e a r n c o n t r o l .
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Nov 8, 2008
  6. Why the hell do I waste my time on these faggy newsgroups...
    Industrial One, Nov 11, 2008
  7. Industrial One

    > Why the hell do I waste my time on these faggy newsgroups...

    I was asking myself the same question regarding you as well.....
    Augustus, Nov 11, 2008