overclocking nvidia 9600gt on laptop

Discussion in 'Overclocking' started by holybubba, Dec 16, 2009.

  1. holybubba

    holybubba Guest

    Hello, I noticed that when installing powerstrip for my HP Pavillion
    dv5 notebook, with gpu 9600gt [512mb], 4gb ram and win 7 ultimate,
    that I am able to overclock the engine and memory clocks. At default,
    they are both at 400mhz, and I am wanting to overclock them in order
    to notice a slight performance increase when playing high end pc
    games, such as Grand Theft Auto 4. Now I realize the consequences for
    overclocking a laptop gpu, so I am asking if anybody knows what level
    I should overclock my engine and mem clock to. The interesting part is
    that at default, they are both at 400mhz - perhaps that is because it
    is a laptop. At whatever level I increase the clocks mhz level at,
    should it be equal in this case. Help is much appreciated.
    Thank you