Overclocking the GA-X38-DQ6 MB

Discussion in 'Overclocking' started by iret, Dec 14, 2007.

  1. iret

    iret Guest

    I have a new Intel quad-core system Q6000 GO stepping, watercooled. CP
    stock speed is 2.4 Ghz. I've been able to get the FSB up to 385 MHz x
    = 3.465 GHz. But at 390 MHz the FSB eventually causes problems in m
    stress test. (My temperatures are under good control).
    I have the CPU voltage control up from stock of 1.30 V to 1.40 volt
    System Memory Multiplier at 2.66. (I have 4 Gig of high quality RAM OC
    1150 MHz DDR2--PC1150.)
    FSB OverVoltage control is at +0.10V; G(MCH) OverVoltage at +0.05.
    I can get into Windows and run my stress test, sometimes for 2
    minutes, but then Windows shuts down the app. Other times, on movin
    the mouse, I get a black screen and reboot, and so have to go back t
    385 FSB.
    From what I have read, 3.8 GHz CPU speed should be doable, e.g., with
    fixed 9 X multiplier, I should be able to get the FSB up to aobut 42
    MHz.
    Any suggestions?
    _________________
    'chase visa credit card account access
    (http://www.credit-card-apply-online-here.com) 'Live premiershi
    football' (http://www.livesportstv.co.uk

    --
    iret
    iret, Dec 14, 2007

  2. iret

    Ed Medlin Guest

    "iret" <> wrote in message

    > I have a new Intel quad-core system Q6000 GO stepping, watercooled. CPU
    > stock speed is 2.4 Ghz. I've been able to get the FSB up to 385 MHz x 9
    > = 3.465 GHz. But at 390 MHz the FSB eventually causes problems in my
    > stress test. (My temperatures are under good control).
    > I have the CPU voltage control up from stock of 1.30 V to 1.40 volt,
    > System Memory Multiplier at 2.66. (I have 4 Gig of high quality RAM OCZ
    > 1150 MHz DDR2--PC1150.)
    > FSB OverVoltage control is at +0.10V; G(MCH) OverVoltage at +0.05.
    > I can get into Windows and run my stress test, sometimes for 20
    > minutes, but then Windows shuts down the app. Other times, on moving
    > the mouse, I get a black screen and reboot, and so have to go back to
    > 385 FSB.
    > From what I have read, 3.8 GHz CPU speed should be doable, e.g., with a
    > fixed 9 X multiplier, I should be able to get the FSB up to aobut 422
    > MHz.
    > Any suggestions?

    3.8GHz may be doable with a few processors, but not any E6600s or Q6600s on
    air or water cooling that I have seen or heard about. My Q6600 G0 will do
    3.4GHz on liquid cooling but starts to get flaky at any FSB over 1500 or so.
    3.4 is a good OC for the Q6600 G0. Heat isn't the issue for me, my processor
    just won't do anymore.

    Ed
    Ed Medlin, Dec 15, 2007

  3. iret

    Ivan Guest

    "iret" <> wrote in message

    > I have a new Intel quad-core system Q6000 GO stepping, watercooled. CPU
    > stock speed is 2.4 Ghz. I've been able to get the FSB up to 385 MHz x 9
    > = 3.465 GHz. But at 390 MHz the FSB eventually causes problems in my
    > stress test. (My temperatures are under good control).
    > I have the CPU voltage control up from stock of 1.30 V to 1.40 volt,
    > System Memory Multiplier at 2.66. (I have 4 Gig of high quality RAM OCZ
    > 1150 MHz DDR2--PC1150.)
    > FSB OverVoltage control is at +0.10V; G(MCH) OverVoltage at +0.05.
    > I can get into Windows and run my stress test, sometimes for 20
    > minutes, but then Windows shuts down the app. Other times, on moving
    > the mouse, I get a black screen and reboot, and so have to go back to
    > 385 FSB.
    > From what I have read, 3.8 GHz CPU speed should be doable, e.g., with a
    > fixed 9 X multiplier, I should be able to get the FSB up to aobut 422
    > MHz.
    > Any suggestions?
    > 'chase visa credit card account access'
    > (http://www.credit-card-apply-online-here.com) 'Live premiership
    > football' (http://www.livesportstv.co.uk)
    >

    > --
    > iret

    My E6320 goes over 3.03 Ghz on X38-DQ6 so E/Q6600 should go even further.
    Ivan, Dec 23, 2007