overlay in matrox g450 tv-out exit

Discussion in 'Matrox' started by yoav, Dec 6, 2003.

  1. yoav

    yoav Guest

    Hello,

    I have a matrox G450 card which I use in an entertainment system with
    only a TV connected to it. Naturally I connect the TV to the secondary
    RGB exit with the Matrox proprietary convert cable (using the S-video
    exit). I purchased this card after browsing the newsgroups and
    learning that it has the best TV-out (and indeed the quality is
    great).

    The problem I have is that when i clone the desktop to the secondary
    exit, I cannot see any video stream in ther player (for example,
    windows media player is displayed in a window, I hear the sound, but
    there is no picture). When I use the DVDMax feature, I get a full
    screen video with the sound, BUT (and this is the problem) if I use
    external subtitles - they are not displayed

    I learned from Matrox support that the secondary RGB exit does not
    support overlay, and this is the reason why it can either display a PC
    dektop (with no video) or a full-screen video (using DVDMax).

    Does anyone have a solution that will allow me to use the TV as a
    regular PC screen, showing the desktop applcations with video display,
    so I dont have to use DVDMax ?

    Thanks
    Yoav

    yoav, Dec 6, 2003