Overlays at high res

Discussion in 'Matrox' started by Max Christian, Sep 1, 2003.

  1. I have a Matrox G450 running on an LCD monitor (samsung 241mp) that
    requires 1920x1600 resolution at 60hz. WinXP SP1.

    It seems that the G450 won't do a video overlay with any of my apps at
    this resolution. It does work at lower resolutions, but that's not
    much use because the LCD gives a poor picture unless it's run at its
    native res. The app I mainly want to use is called DigiTV, but I'll
    be happy if I can get any app running with video overlay.

    Can the G450 support overlays with any apps at 1920x1600x60hz? If
    not, will the Parhelia? If this hadn't been tried I'd really
    appreciate it if somebody could test if for me.

    Thanks,

    Max Christian

    1. Advertising

  2. Ivan

    Ivan Guest

    are you using 16, 24, or 32bit ?
    try selecting another bit depth.

    I had a similar problem on my old G400 adapter some time ago.

    Ivan

    1. Advertising

  3. Max Christian <> wrote:
    > I have a Matrox G450 running on an LCD monitor (samsung 241mp) that
    > requires 1920x1600 resolution at 60hz. WinXP SP1.

    [Snip]
    > Can the G450 support overlays with any apps at 1920x1600x60hz? If
    > not, will the Parhelia? If this hadn't been tried I'd really
    > appreciate it if somebody could test if for me.

    The G450 only supports overlay up to 1028x768 @ 16bit color. The
    Parhelia supports overlay up to 1600x1200 @ 32bit color.

    Sorry,
    Steven