P4 CPU upgrade question

Discussion in 'Intel' started by Sine Nomini, Jun 18, 2004.

  1. Sine Nomini

    Sine Nomini Guest

    This is about a Dell 1.7Ghz P4 with 256 L2 Cache (400Mhz FSB). I can
    upgrade to a 2.0, 2.4 or maybe even 2.6 Ghz. Same FSB but would double
    the L2 cache to 512.

    So how much would the bigger L2 cache and higher clock speeds give me
    in performance? Is it worth between $100-$150?

    Thanks.