P4C800 deluxe - boot problem

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Kenchie, Jan 15, 2004.

  1. Kenchie

    Kenchie Guest

    I have recently built a pc with the following config;

    P4C800 dlx
    P4 2.8
    1GB ram
    Primary master - none
    Primary slave - none
    Secondary master - DVD
    Secondary slave - CD-RW
    3rd master - Sata 120gb Barracuda
    4th master - Sata 80gb Maxtor

    On booting, I get a blue screen with 'unknown hardware error'
    I then press reset, and it boots perfectly.

    Anyone have any ideas what may be causing this please?

    TIA
    --
    Kenchie
    <Insert unfunny tagline here>

    Kenchie, Jan 15, 2004

  2. Kenchie

    Kenchie Guest

    The SATAs are non-raid by the way!

    Kenchie, Jan 15, 2004

  3. Kenchie

    Kenchie Guest

    I have recently built a pc with the following config;

    P4C800 dlx
    P4 2.8
    1GB ram
    Primary master - none
    Primary slave - none
    Secondary master - DVD
    Secondary slave - CD-RW
    3rd master - Sata 120gb Barracuda
    4th master - Sata 80gb Maxtor

    The drives are not RAID

    On booting, it fails to detect the 3rd master, and I get a blue screen
    with 'unknown hard error'. If I press reset, it detects the disk and
    boots normally.

    Anyone know what might be causing this please?

    TIA

    Kenchie, Jan 18, 2004
  4. Which SATA ports do you use ? Only the ports supplied by the Intel ICH5R,
    only the ports supplied by the Promise 378 chip or one of each type ?
    If so, try to use 2 ports of the same type...

    Cya -

    Joachim

    Joachim Klein, Jan 18, 2004