    confirm if this is, in fact, normal behavior?

    Thanks in advance,

    Bob

    Algernon, Oct 26, 2003

  2. Algernon

    JohnJeninga Guest

    It is normal for those boards.

    JohnJeninga, Oct 26, 2003

  3. Algernon

    Algernon Guest

    Thanks for letting me know. After 20 years of associating startup
    beeps with nothing but trouble, It's difficult to now accept them as
    normal. It seems like a strange move especially when the purpose of
    doing it now still eludes me.

    Thanks again,

    Bob

    Algernon, Oct 26, 2003
  4. Algernon

    Paul Guest

    Hi - yes me too!

    Thanks for your thread - I get two beeps at startup One high and one low at
    the time the initial Asus Screen is on and then after the RAID config POST
    screens disappear, at the time Windows kicks in I get the more usual "one
    beep" which seems to indicate that all is well. This latter beep is I think
    the more usual "beep code" the other ones, well until this thread, I was
    mystified about. At some stage during my build, I have lost the Voice POST
    messages, which believe it or not, I Like, and wondered whether these two
    initial beeps had anything to do with it. At the moment I have the
    following USB devices attached: -

    USB Printer
    USB Mouse
    USB Scanner
    USB Speakers (for some reason my Monitor speakers connect to both the s/c's
    speaker outputs and a USB port.

    So four devices and two beeps - what gives here then?

    Paul

    This footnote confirms that this email message
    has been swept by Norton AntiVirus for the
    presence of computer viruses.

    This computer is protected
    by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector

    Paul, Oct 27, 2003