    for raid with this motherboard? Question 2 -- Has anyone had a
    similar problem with the Intel drivers during a F6 Windows XP install?

    Thanks.

    Dan P. Beckner, Jul 23, 2006

  2. Dan P. Beckner

    Clas Mehus Guest

    On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 13:58:42 GMT, Dan P. Beckner
    <> wrote:

    >I just installed two 300 GB Maxtor SATA drives. I started by
    >connecting them to the Intel SATA Raid connectors, but could not get
    >the F6 install to accept one of the intel files. I then installed on
    >the Promise Controller's Raid connections and no problems. Question 1
    >-- Is there any advantage to using the intel or Promise controllers
    >for raid with this motherboard? Question 2 -- Has anyone had a
    >similar problem with the Intel drivers during a F6 Windows XP install?

    You could try making a new Windows-install CD with the Intel-drivers
    integrated, so that you would need a floppy. You can do this with the
    tool nLite. You could then also integrated SP2 on your install-CD if
    your have a older install-CD.

    Do you use the floppy bundeled with the board, or did you make a new
    one?

    I don't think there is much difference in performance. Thus, the
    Promise-chip but quite some extra load on the PCI-bus. If this is a
    problem depends on the use you have of your PC and your other
    PCI-devices.

    --
    Clas Mehus
    - "Den som har flest prylar när han dör vinner..."

    Clas Mehus, Jul 23, 2006

  3. Dan P. Beckner

    Bill Smith Guest

    Be sure you are using the correct intel sata driver for ICH5R raid
    controler. Some of the newer intel download packages support the newer
    controlers only...Use the one off of the Asus support site. I have
    that board and no problems installing raid with 2 maxtor sata drives.
    I did not have 300gb drives however...which could be another hurdle,
    or not...

    Bill Smith, Jul 28, 2006