P4P800 wakeup from Suspend Problem

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Chris, Jun 29, 2003.

  1. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Is anybody able to move the mouse or press the space bar to wakeup their pc?
    I just flashed to the 1008 bios which is supposed to fix it, but it still
    doesn't work. The power button wakes the pc up fine. The settings are
    enabled in the bios. The ps is brand new (p4 compliant antec 380)

    1. Advertising

  2. jaeger

    jaeger Guest

    In article <21ILa.164074$>,
    says...
    > Is anybody able to move the mouse or press the space bar to wakeup their pc?
    > I just flashed to the 1008 bios which is supposed to fix it, but it still
    > doesn't work. The power button wakes the pc up fine. The settings are
    > enabled in the bios. The ps is brand new (p4 compliant antec 380)

    Are you using S1 or S3 sleep mode, and are your mouse/kb USB or PS/2?

    1. Advertising

  3. Chris

    Chris Guest

    It is set to Auto. Both mouse and keyboard are ps/2 Should I make it S1?
    "jaeger" <> wrote in message
    > In article <21ILa.164074$>,
    > says...
    > > Is anybody able to move the mouse or press the space bar to wakeup their

    pc?
    > > I just flashed to the 1008 bios which is supposed to fix it, but it

    still
    > > doesn't work. The power button wakes the pc up fine. The settings are
    > > enabled in the bios. The ps is brand new (p4 compliant antec 380)

    > Are you using S1 or S3 sleep mode, and are your mouse/kb USB or PS/2?

  4. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Actually I tried Auto, S1, and S3

    Auto shuts off most of the fans as does S3 and will only wake up by pressing
    the power button

    S1 leaves the fans on but still doesn't wake up by mouse or keyboard

    I read in the manual that you must get 1A to the +5vsb lead. I am not sure
    if it gets that by default or something needs to be plugged in for that.

    "jaeger" <> wrote in message
    > In article <21ILa.164074$>,
    > says...
    > > Is anybody able to move the mouse or press the space bar to wakeup their

    pc?
    > > I just flashed to the 1008 bios which is supposed to fix it, but it

    still
    > > doesn't work. The power button wakes the pc up fine. The settings are
    > > enabled in the bios. The ps is brand new (p4 compliant antec 380)

    > Are you using S1 or S3 sleep mode, and are your mouse/kb USB or PS/2?

  5. jaeger

    jaeger Guest

    In article <sTKLa.208545$>,
    says...
    > Actually I tried Auto, S1, and S3
    >
    > Auto shuts off most of the fans as does S3 and will only wake up by pressing
    > the power button
    >
    > S1 leaves the fans on but still doesn't wake up by mouse or keyboard
    >
    > I read in the manual that you must get 1A to the +5vsb lead. I am not sure
    > if it gets that by default or something needs to be plugged in for that.

    Hm, I don't have any PS/2 devices to test. For me my USB kb will wake
    from S3 fine, after installing the Windows registry patch need to enable
    USB wake. That won't help you though. Look on your power supply label
    and ensure that the +5vsb rail is rated at 2A.

  6. Chris

    Chris Guest

    It was the keyboard jumper on the mobo. It's working fine now. I had
    written before you responded the 2nd time. I'm not sure why they don't
    enable that by default. On my p4pe I don't remember doing that. Thanks for
    your help.