p5vd2 front panel audio, help please!

Discussion in 'Asus' started by rusty, Jun 10, 2007.

  1. rusty

    rusty

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2007
    hi,

    first i should say i'm new to all of this, today was the first time i have ever opened up a pc and tinkered.

    heres the problem, i was wiring in the cables for the front panel audio (mic in, phones out) on my P5VD2-MX- se, i have followed instructions found here:
    http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/cs-015851.htm

    i followed the ac 97 instructions as that matched what it said on the front panel wires. now, i have connected it correctly, but the mic and phone ports ae not working. i have installed the realtek drivers again, but no use.

    i actually have a realtek hd audio card, its the one that came standard with this mother board. should i be doing smething in bios?

    i'm kind of lost now. any help will be greatly aappreciated.

    thanks

    Last edited: Jun 10, 2007
    rusty, Jun 10, 2007
  2. rusty