P5W DH Deluxe repeated crash with memory dump

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Kaillou, Sep 15, 2006.

  1. Kaillou

    Kaillou

    Hi everybody !!
    I'm not an expert, far from it, I know just enough to change parts, format, install and all... So I'm being left in a very difficult position by this problem :
    Recently build a new comp... P5W DH Deluxe + Dual Core + PX 7900 GT + 2Go

    The thing is working perfectly, can work on CG, play, watch videos (avi, mpg, anything...), etc...

    No problem.

    But when I try to read or copy an AVI or MPG or WMV or any kind of video from a DVD to the hard drive : BLUE SCREEN with some mention about disabling stuff in the BIOS, memory dump and all...
    Doesn't look like a really identified problem from what I understand...

    Tried to copy from diferent DVDs or CDs... No way, crash again !!

    Tried to copy from an external NEC DVD writer (the internal is an ASUS DRW-1608P3S), same thing happens...

    Don't know what to do really...:confused:

    Does any one have any idea about this ?

    Thank you !!

    Kaillou, Sep 15, 2006