    Rowdy Guest

    The board will post with a single slot 1 cpu. But it will not POST with
    dual socket 370 CPU's? TIA.

    Rowdy, Oct 17, 2003

  2. Rowdy

    Rowdy Guest

    Yes it does post with the single slot 1 CPU. It does not post with the two
    Pentium III 650's 100Mhz's, matched stepping, using the slockets. These
    CPU's work fine in another Dual board, Abit VP6. I suspect it is the
    slockets.

    These same CPU's and Abit slockets post just fine on other single processing
    MBO's using the BX chipset. Does anyone know of brand of slockets that may
    have a better chance of working? I am currently using Abits Slotkey III's?

    TIA

    News==----
    > > http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000

    Newsgroups
    > > ---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via

    Encryption =---

    Rowdy, Oct 17, 2003

  3. Rowdy wrote:

    > The board will post with a single slot 1 cpu. But it will not POST
    > with
    > dual socket 370 CPU's? TIA.

    You mean 370's in slotkets right? If not, maybe they won't run becuase
    it's really difficult to bend a 370 cpu to fit into a slot-1 connection.
    And once you do, the fan doesn't seat right anymore so maybe yours are
    just overheating because you need to add more thermal paste to fill the
    cracks between the CPU and the heatsink.

    No seriously, did you flash the BIOS to the latest rev level? Did you
    read this faq from SM about the DBE/DGE boards and newer P3's?

    http://www.supermicro.com/TECHSUPPORT/FAQs/Processor.htm

    In order to give you any answer at all, you need to provide some more
    information. Processor type, board rev level, BIOS revision, etc.

    -Bill "square peg in a round hole" Asher

    William Asher, Oct 17, 2003
  4. Rowdy

    Rowdy Guest

    I am current with the bios, I believe it's 2.1. Yes I did rad the FAQ, it
    states the board supports only slot 1.

    Typically that means it may or may not work, just don't call us if it
    doesn't.

    This board may end up in the recycle bin.

    Rowdy, Oct 18, 2003
  5. In article <3f919392$1_1@127.0.0.1>, Rowdy <> wrote:
    >I am current with the bios, I believe it's 2.1. Yes I did rad the FAQ, it
    >states the board supports only slot 1.

    There was an older discussion about slotkets for Supermciro which indicated
    that only certain models by certain manufacturers would work. I don't
    have the thread on hand, but a Google search will find it.

    (I have one of the alleged slotkets around, but it will take some time to
    find it, and I've never tried using it - Slot1 CPUs are cheap enough).

    Mike Squires
    --

    Mike Squires (mikes at cs.indiana.edu) 317 233 9456 (w) 812 333 6564 (h)
    mikes at siralan.org 546 N Park Ridge Rd., Bloomington, IN 47408

    Michael Squires, Oct 18, 2003
  6. Rowdy

    Rowdy Guest

    Thanks Mike, I did find some old stuff on the P6DBE's & slotkets. Looks
    like the ticket is an ASUS S370-DL slotket to get the board to post.

    Rowdy, Oct 18, 2003