    Thanks!
    --
    Roger Hunt

    Roger Hunt, Feb 7, 2006

  2. 137 GB.

    Alex Zorrilla, Feb 8, 2006

  3. Roger Hunt

    Roger Hunt Guest

    On Tue, 7 Feb 2006, Alex Zorrilla typed this :
    >Roger Hunt wrote:
    >>
    >> I have a PA-2013 with ji4333 BIOS and I'm still not sure of the biggest
    >> hard drive it will take. Anybody know?
    >>

    >137 GB.

    That's good news. I feared it was 65.

    Cheers
    --
    Roger Hunt

    Roger Hunt, Feb 8, 2006
  4. I could not remember whether it was 65 GB or 137 GB, either, so I
    resorted to doing a Google search. I found some old archived posts from
    this newsgroup, back when this was actually a current topic, lol.

    --Alex

    Alex Zorrilla, Feb 8, 2006
  5. Roger Hunt

    Roger Hunt Guest

    On Wed, 8 Feb 2006, Alex Zorrilla typed this :
    >I could not remember whether it was 65 GB or 137 GB, either, so I
    >resorted to doing a Google search. I found some old archived posts from
    >this newsgroup, back when this was actually a current topic, lol.

    Thanks, I must hone up my News-Googling skills. I believe the 503+ only
    went to 65G (with je4333) but that's out of date info as well.
    --
    Roger Hunt

    Roger Hunt, Feb 8, 2006
  6. Roger Hunt

    Mike Thorne Guest

    Roger Hunt <> wrote in news:AkYWNXAicl6DFw02
    @carewg.demon.co.uk:

    > On Wed, 8 Feb 2006, Alex Zorrilla typed this :
    >>I could not remember whether it was 65 GB or 137 GB, either, so I
    >>resorted to doing a Google search. I found some old archived posts from
    >>this newsgroup, back when this was actually a current topic, lol.
    >>

    > Thanks, I must hone up my News-Googling skills. I believe the 503+ only
    > went to 65G (with je4333) but that's out of date info as well.

    I have a 120G Seagate running in a 503+ (with JE4333) right now. Works
    fine.

    [As a side note, I actually got a 160G drive running in it at one point,
    but the BIOS didn't recognize it properly. It declared it to be a 137G
    drive, but the Linux OS queried the drive directly and properly declared
    it to be 160G. Unfortunately, it was *very* slow, possibly because of
    the BIOS conflict.]

    Mike Thorne, Feb 9, 2006
  7. Roger Hunt

    Guest

    There should be no BIOS or hardware limitations between 40GB and the
    28-bit IDE/ATA limitation (~137GB), excepting some idiosyncratic
    incompatibility between a particular HDD make/model/firmware and the
    BIOS (which is what JE4333 addressed with Quantum drives).

    , Feb 20, 2006
  8. There were actually a fair amount of Award BIOSes that had a limitation
    of 65 GB (actually 65535 MB) because of a divide overflow error in the
    BIOS code.

    Alex Zorrilla, Feb 22, 2006