    could try)?
    Thanks in advance,
    Leachim Sredna
    anders.michael, Dec 30, 2005

  2. anders.michael

    John Doe Guest

    "anders.michael" <> wrote:

    > I kinda suspect the power supply as this board has always consumed
    > them at a fair rate. But I'd like other opinions. Possible slight
    > complication is that I'm now running the machine off a diesel
    > generator,

    BZZZT
    Try a line conditioner/regulator that can be used with other systems
    as well, don't waste your money on a new power supply until you know
    whether or not the power supply is being fed properly. Already
    having a good-quality power supply and adding a line conditioner, my
    spontaneous reboot problem disappeared.

    Good luck.
    John Doe, Dec 30, 2005

  3. Tnx John. I meanwhile backed off the BIOS settings, basically using the
    setup defaults, and whaddya know, after a few strange hiccups everything now
    *appears* hunkydory again. We'll see...

    Xns973C99988833Efollydom@207.115.17.102...

    anders.michael, Dec 31, 2005
  4. anders.michael

    John Doe Guest

    "anders.michael" <anders.michael wanadoo.fr> wrote:

    > Tnx John. I meanwhile backed off the BIOS settings, basically
    > using the setup defaults, and whaddya know, after a few strange
    > hiccups

    After a few strange hickups? What settings? Are you talking about
    changed settings it was working fine with before?

    > everything now *appears* hunkydory again.

    Does it *appear* hunkydory for the same amount of time or longer than
    it appeared hunkydory between spontaneous reboots before?

    > From: "anders.michael" <anders.michael wanadoo.fr>
    > Newsgroups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.fic,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt
    > Subject: Re: PA-2013 spontaneous rebooting
    > Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 11:31:55 +0100

    "John Doe" <jdoe usenet.love.invalid> a ‚crit dans le message de news:

    John Doe, Dec 31, 2005