Packard Bell IMEDIA 1512

Discussion in 'Packard Bell' started by scullred, Oct 7, 2007.

  1. scullred

    scullred Guest

    My Packard bell PC computer is currently taking for ever to open. To
    get to the first screen can take upwards of 40 mins. It seems to have
    started this problem following an upgrade of AVG virus programme.

    I can eventually get a desktop screen but am missing the toolbar
    across the bottom of the window. However I am unable to access or copy
    files unto a memory stick or CD rom.

    Unfortunately I didn't get disks with my computer nor did I make a
    copy
    of the rescue disks. I know - stupid!!

    Would anyone be able to advise whether I can obtain a rescue disk on
    the web and download it from another computer unto a CD rom and then
    restart my on
    PC with such a disk. I have tried to contact Packard bell by phone and
    email and no response has been received in over 6 weeks.

    Your help would be greatly appreciated

    scullred, Oct 7, 2007

  2. scullred

    Elector Guest

    "scullred" <> wrote in message
    > My Packard bell PC computer is currently taking for ever to open. To
    > get to the first screen can take upwards of 40 mins. It seems to have
    > started this problem following an upgrade of AVG virus programme.
    >
    > I can eventually get a desktop screen but am missing the toolbar
    > across the bottom of the window. However I am unable to access or copy
    > files unto a memory stick or CD rom.
    >
    > Unfortunately I didn't get disks with my computer nor did I make a
    > copy
    > of the rescue disks. I know - stupid!!
    >
    > Would anyone be able to advise whether I can obtain a rescue disk on
    > the web and download it from another computer unto a CD rom and then
    > restart my on
    > PC with such a disk. I have tried to contact Packard bell by phone and
    > email and no response has been received in over 6 weeks.
    >
    > Your help would be greatly appreciated

    Information, such as...?

    1- What operating system are you using?

    2- Did you try booting into safe mode, and then remove the last update or if
    you are using Windows XP do a system restore.

    3- When you say 40 minutes for the first screen? Are you talking about from
    "boot Up" (First turn on)?

    When you purchased your system it either came with Restore Disks/cd's or via
    a partition that can restore the system from there. Did you make any other
    modifications? If so what did you modify?

    Sorry cannot assist but there is not enough information to help.

    Elector

    Elector, Oct 9, 2007

  3. scullred

    metronid Guest

    On Oct 9, 8:35 am, "Elector" <> wrote:
    > "scullred" <> wrote in message

    > > My Packard bell PC computer is currently taking for ever to open. To
    > > get to the first screen can take upwards of 40 mins. It seems to have
    > > started this problem following an upgrade of AVG virus programme.

    > > I can eventually get a desktop screen but am missing the toolbar
    > > across the bottom of the window. However I am unable to access or copy
    > > files unto a memory stick or CD rom.

    > > Unfortunately I didn't get disks with my computer nor did I make a
    > > copy
    > > of the rescue disks. I know - stupid!!

    > > Would anyone be able to advise whether I can obtain a rescue disk on
    > > the web and download it from another computer unto a CD rom and then
    > > restart my on
    > > PC with such a disk. I have tried to contact Packard bell by phone and
    > > email and no response has been received in over 6 weeks.

    > > Your help would be greatly appreciated

    > Information, such as...?
    >
    > 1- What operating system are you using?
    >
    > 2- Did you try booting into safe mode, and then remove the last update or if
    > you are using Windows XP do a system restore.
    >
    > 3- When you say 40 minutes for the first screen? Are you talking about from
    > "boot Up" (First turn on)?
    >
    > When you purchased your system it either came with Restore Disks/cd's or via
    > a partition that can restore the system from there. Did you make any other
    > modifications? If so what did you modify?
    >
    > Sorry cannot assist but there is not enough information to help.
    >
    > Elector- Hide quoted text -

    Assuming this is your system.
    And you have full ownership rights
    Also you are on another system that is operational that allows you to
    appear in this group.

    The program magic jelly bean with give your authenticity code for
    windows.
    It is the license for this serial they you are leasing from MR Gates
    You can use another persons Install Cd and your license.

    It appears that you have windows XP
    What is your serial number or part number

    Have you tried booting into safe mode and removing AVG
    and also doing a system restore to an earlier date.
    That will most likely be a cure.

    metronid, Oct 9, 2007
  4. scullred

    Elector Guest

    "metronid" <> wrote in message
    > On Oct 9, 8:35 am, "Elector" <> wrote:
    >> "scullred" <> wrote in message

    >> > My Packard bell PC computer is currently taking for ever to open. To
    >> > get to the first screen can take upwards of 40 mins. It seems to have
    >> > started this problem following an upgrade of AVG virus programme.

    >> > I can eventually get a desktop screen but am missing the toolbar
    >> > across the bottom of the window. However I am unable to access or copy
    >> > files unto a memory stick or CD rom.

    >> > Unfortunately I didn't get disks with my computer nor did I make a
    >> > copy
    >> > of the rescue disks. I know - stupid!!

    >> > Would anyone be able to advise whether I can obtain a rescue disk on
    >> > the web and download it from another computer unto a CD rom and then
    >> > restart my on
    >> > PC with such a disk. I have tried to contact Packard bell by phone and
    >> > email and no response has been received in over 6 weeks.

    >> > Your help would be greatly appreciated

    >> Information, such as...?
    >>
    >> 1- What operating system are you using?
    >>
    >> 2- Did you try booting into safe mode, and then remove the last update or
    >> if
    >> you are using Windows XP do a system restore.
    >>
    >> 3- When you say 40 minutes for the first screen? Are you talking about
    >> from
    >> "boot Up" (First turn on)?
    >>
    >> When you purchased your system it either came with Restore Disks/cd's or
    >> via
    >> a partition that can restore the system from there. Did you make any
    >> other
    >> modifications? If so what did you modify?
    >>
    >> Sorry cannot assist but there is not enough information to help.
    >>
    >> Elector- Hide quoted text -

    > Assuming this is your system.
    > And you have full ownership rights
    > Also you are on another system that is operational that allows you to
    > appear in this group.
    >
    > The program magic jelly bean with give your authenticity code for
    > windows.
    > It is the license for this serial they you are leasing from MR Gates
    > You can use another persons Install Cd and your license.
    >
    > It appears that you have windows XP
    > What is your serial number or part number
    >

    > Have you tried booting into safe mode and removing AVG
    > and also doing a system restore to an earlier date.
    > That will most likely be a cure.

    Great Minds Think alike..Huh..? Ha ha

    Elector

    Elector, Oct 10, 2007
  5. scullred

    metronid Guest

    On Oct 10, 9:01 am, "Elector" <> wrote:
    > "metronid" <> wrote in message

    > > On Oct 9, 8:35 am, "Elector" <> wrote:
    > >> "scullred" <> wrote in message

    > >> Information, such as...?

    > >> 1- What operating system are you using?

    > >> 2- Did you try booting into safe mode, and then remove the last update or
    > >> if
    > >> you are using Windows XP do a system restore.

    > >> 3- When you say 40 minutes for the first screen? Are you talking about
    > >> from
    > >> "boot Up" (First turn on)?

    > >> When you purchased your system it either came with Restore Disks/cd's or
    > >> via
    > >> a partition that can restore the system from there. Did you make any
    > >> other
    > >> modifications? If so what did you modify?

    > >> Sorry cannot assist but there is not enough information to help.

    > >> Elector- Hide quoted text -

    > > Assuming this is your system.
    > > And you have full ownership rights
    > > Also you are on another system that is operational that allows you to
    > > appear in this group.

    > > The program magic jelly bean with give your authenticity code for
    > > windows.
    > > It is the license for this serial they you are leasing from MR Gates
    > > You can use another persons Install Cd and your license.

    > > It appears that you have windows XP
    > > What is your serial number or part number

    > > Have you tried booting into safe mode and removing AVG
    > > and also doing a system restore to an earlier date.
    > > That will most likely be a cure.

    > Great Minds Think alike..Huh..? Ha ha
    >
    > Elector- Hide quoted text -

    Great minds are a terrible thing to waste.
    This poster will never respond.

    metronid, Oct 11, 2007