    I am not familiar with this name, and I rarely see it on the "old style"
    cases.

    bobwatts

    Robert E. Watts, Jan 26, 2007

  2. Robert E. Watts

    Guest

    Hi Bob

    Yes Bob.... the Synera is the Packard Bell version of the
    All-in-One design. . At least that is how I know the design. I have a
    Synera 305 and have a Spectria 200 which is based on the same design of
    All- in- One. It is kind of neat....VERY HEAVY though. I see
    disadvantages to the design in that the internal power supply is
    specific to the design and is small and goes to another component which
    feeds to the tube. I would imagine once it goes the entire unit is
    junk. The same power supply connects to a component power distibution
    type exchange panel, which then goes up to the tube and the power
    boards near it. I have seen only one besides mine. Unfortunately, in
    this day of such convenient, lightweight and poweful computers in
    laptop design, the dinosaurs that, it seems, you and I collect are just
    that. .........ready to use but mostly as a novelty issue that I think
    few appreciate.

    Bill

    On Jan 26, 10:09 am, "Robert E. Watts" <> wrote:
    > Hi Gang !
    >
    > Anyone know anything about the Packard Bell "Synera" computers?
    >
    > I am not familiar with this name, and I rarely see it on the "old style"
    > cases.
    >
    > bobwatts

    , Jan 26, 2007

  3. Robert E. Watts

    Guest

    Hi Bob--

    Found this site off the old "Another Packard Bell site from Velix.

    Bill

    http://j23456.50megs.com/pb/cs14/spectman.asp.htm

    On Jan 26, 10:09 am, "Robert E. Watts" <> wrote:
    > Hi Gang !
    >
    > Anyone know anything about the Packard Bell "Synera" computers?
    >
    > I am not familiar with this name, and I rarely see it on the "old style"
    > cases.
    >
    > bobwatts

    , Jan 26, 2007
  4. Hi Bill !

    Thanks for the information, I appreciate it!

    Unfortunately, you have brought to my attention a previously unknown (to me)
    model of Packard Bell I was unware of. :)

    I may have to add this to my list.

    The Synera that I was referring to is a regular looking Packard Bell
    mini-tower case. The one with the white upper section, and grey panels on
    the bottom ( which I would like to find a color kit for... )

    I * thought * that the Synera referred to a factory refurbished Packard Bell
    model, that had been built with used parts.

    I would post a url here to an article referring to this, but for whatever
    reason, my ISP is not allowing links on this newsgroup. I had to recently
    inform them that the messages were not even showing up, and after a while,
    they fixed it.

    I'll post a link, but it won't be "clickable" like this:

    ..cnn.com/TECH/computing/9904/22/prosper.idg

    Just put the http : // www in front of that above, and you will go to the
    link.

    I get the feeling that we have messaged back and forth before. I can't
    remember names, but I sure remember that email address. :)

    Thanks !

    bob

    Robert E. Watts, Jan 27, 2007
  5. Robert E. Watts

    Guest

    > Hi Bill !

    Hi Bob

    > Thanks for the information, I appreciate it!

    Any time.....you have made me aware aof a few things as well.

    > Unfortunately, you have brought to my attention a previously unknown (to me)
    > model of Packard Bell I was unware of. :)

    I only learned of it through Velix's site APBS years ago when I got my
    first PB Same rule as below... geocities.com/anotherpackardbellsite/

    > I may have to add this to my list.

    > The Synera that I was referring to is a regular looking Packard Bell
    > mini-tower case. The one with the white upper section, and grey panels on
    > the bottom ( which I would like to find a color kit for... )

    Good luck finding a kit. I have a few for the 4x4 cases but have never
    found any for any other model, yet I have an old advertisement on an
    online page somewhere, that states as much.

    > I * thought * that the Synera referred to a factory refurbished Packard Bell
    > model, that had been built with used parts.

    I have heard that too and also always heard it referred to being the
    the All in Ones.

    > I would post a url here to an article referring to this, but for whatever
    > reason, my ISP is not allowing links on this newsgroup. I had to recently
    > inform them that the messages were not even showing up, and after a while,
    > they fixed it.
    >
    > I'll post a link, but it won't be "clickable" like this: .cnn.com/TECH/computing/9904/22/prosper.idg
    > Just put the http : // www in front of that above, and you will go to the
    > link.

    I did, went to the site I see what you mean. I had seen sites similar,
    however they always referred to the All in One design.

    > I get the feeling that we have messaged back and forth before. I can't
    > remember names, but I sure remember that email address. :)

    Yes we have e-mailed re: the corner computer model.

    > Thanks !
    >
    > bob

    Bill

    > > Hi Bob

    > > Yes Bob.... the Synera is the Packard Bell version of the
    > > All-in-One design. . At least that is how I know the design. I have a
    > > Synera 305 and have a Spectria 200 which is based on the same design of
    > > All- in- One. It is kind of neat....VERY HEAVY though. I see
    > > disadvantages to the design in that the internal power supply is
    > > specific to the design and is small and goes to another component which
    > > feeds to the tube. I would imagine once it goes the entire unit is
    > > junk. The same power supply connects to a component power distibution
    > > type exchange panel, which then goes up to the tube and the power
    > > boards near it. I have seen only one besides mine. Unfortunately, in
    > > this day of such convenient, lightweight and poweful computers in
    > > laptop design, the dinosaurs that, it seems, you and I collect are just
    > > that. .........ready to use but mostly as a novelty issue that I think
    > > few appreciate.

    > > Bill

    > > On Jan 26, 10:09 am, "Robert E. Watts" <> wrote:
    > >> Hi Gang !

    > >> Anyone know anything about the Packard Bell "Synera" computers?

    > >> I am not familiar with this name, and I rarely see it on the "old style"
    > >> cases.

    > >> bobwatts- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

    , Jan 27, 2007