    I like passive cooling. Like my Asus A8N premium. Currently using a x550.
    Find colors are washed out, Nvidia colors seem richer. What model in Nvidia
    can I get with passive cooling?

    Haggar, Aug 26, 2006

  2. Haggar

    First of One Guest

    http://www.msi.com.tw/program/produ...ist.php?kind=2&CHIP=69&NAME=NVIDIA GF7 (PCI-E)

    MSI produces passively-cooled nVidia cards up to 7900GT, denoted by the
    "-EZ" suffix. Just bear in mind there's no magic here. A passively-cooled
    video card, especially a high-end model, will be extremely dependent on good
    case ventilation.

    First of One, Aug 27, 2006

  3. Haggar

    JRS Guest

    Here's a recent Gigabyte 7600GT passive cooling card review, and I recall
    seeing one somewhere about an ASUS passive cooling 7600GT a couple weeks
    ago. So at least 7600GT's are coming with passive cooling.

    http://www.sharkyextreme.com/hardware/videocards/article.php/3628156

    Seems pretty good performance point for no fan.

    --

    JRS <steinie**X**@pacbell.net>
    Please remove **X** to reply...

    ....Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult...

    JRS, Aug 27, 2006