password protect a RAID bios

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by orsobubu, Jun 6, 2006.

  1. orsobubu

    orsobubu Guest

    I think it's dangerous that anyone can sit in front of a server
    without any permission and he can access the RAID bios during
    the boot process, then delete array, initialize disks or format
    all the system because of the absence of a password protection...
    Does it exist any solution? Can I use a not-bootable array?
    What does mean this phrase I found in groups?

    "hang the optical drives off it and put the hdd's on the main
    controller.
    Then password protect the main bios. Problem solved"