Password

Discussion in 'HP' started by mm, Oct 6, 2010.

  1. mm

    mm Guest

    Hi, I'm trying to fix a friend HP Mini 1000. 1030R specifically.

    I know this is not a hardware question, but yours is the only HP ng I
    have on my server, and I hope you can help me.

    What is the password that comes with an HP Mini?

    She has a virus.

    Up until today if while it was booting I pressed F9, I could change
    the boot order and F10 I would go into the BIOS.

    F9 works, but not F10 now. Maybe the virus is even attacking F10?

    While I'm clicking F10, it goes into a screen about American
    Megatrends, and says if I saw it correctly, F11 to get a BBS and F12
    to boot from the network. She has no network to boot fromm.

    Then it goes to a black screen that asks:

    What is your CURRENT password. She gave me all her paperwork that
    came with the computer about a year or two ago, but I can't see
    anything that's a password. I'm sure she knows nothing about this
    and has never changed it.

    I've tried just pressing Enter, and that didn't work.

    Any ideas?

    I want to semi-permanently change the boot order so that I can run
    antivirus CD's through the USB port, and eventually I may well have to
    install the Recovery Partition, through the USB port.

    Thanks for any help you can give me.
    mm, Oct 6, 2010