    I would appreciate any info on PATA drive jumper settings.

    Thanks in advance.

    Dave P

    Dave P, Mar 17, 2006

  2. Dnia 2006-03-17 04:13, U¿ytkownik Dave P napisa³/a:

    > I would appreciate any info on PATA drive jumper settings.

    Try to set drive as Master/Single drive.
    --
    Roman S±siada
    katoda(znaczek)poczta.onet.pl

    =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Roman_S=B1siada?=, Mar 17, 2006

  3. Dave P

    Dave P Guest

    Thanks for your reply. I tried that setting but the computer wont boot
    after loading Windows XP, it just freezes up on boot after what appears to
    be a good install.

    Dave P.

    Dave P, Mar 17, 2006
  4. Dave P

    Mal Guest

    "Dave P" <> wrote in message
    > GA-8ANXP-D Motherboard -
    > Using PATA to SATA Converter -
    >
    > I am trying to find information concerning the PATA hard
    > drive jumper settings. I had connected the converter and was able to load
    > XP but system refused to boot afterwards.
    >
    > I have searched Gigabytes web site and googled all over Internet and not
    > finding any reference to drive jumper settings when using the converter or
    > why I am having problems with this.
    >
    > I would appreciate any info on PATA drive jumper settings.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Dave P

    If I'm reading this right you're using a standard IDE drive through a
    converter into a SATA controller ... if that's the case did you press F6
    when asked during the XP install and load the SATA drivers for your
    motherboard?

    Mal

    Mal, Mar 17, 2006
  5. Dave P

    BigVoice Guest

    I am now using 2 PATA to SATA converters for my PATA HDs. I use SATA
    cables for the HDs. It works OK and I don't need to install any
    drivers in XP. Just plug in and use "auto" in the BIOs setting.

    As to the PATA HD jumper setting set it to Master.

    BigVoice, Mar 17, 2006
  6. Dave P

    Dave P Guest

    "Mal" <> wrote in message

    > "Dave P" <> wrote in message
    >> GA-8ANXP-D Motherboard -
    >> Using PATA to SATA Converter -
    >>
    >> I am trying to find information concerning the PATA hard
    >> drive jumper settings. I had connected the converter and was able to
    >> load XP but system refused to boot afterwards.
    >>
    >> I have searched Gigabytes web site and googled all over Internet and not
    >> finding any reference to drive jumper settings when using the converter
    >> or why I am having problems with this.
    >>
    >> I would appreciate any info on PATA drive jumper settings.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance.
    >>
    >> Dave P
    >>

    > If I'm reading this right you're using a standard IDE drive through a
    > converter into a SATA controller ... if that's the case did you press F6
    > when asked during the XP install and load the SATA drivers for your
    > motherboard?
    >
    > Mal

    Yes, loaded F6 drivers. This board wont even boot windows using straight
    IDE to IDE.
    Board is toast.

    Dave P

    Dave P, Mar 17, 2006
  7. Dave P

    Dave P Guest

    This board is just plain toast. Wont even load XP going PATA to PATA.

    Dave P, Mar 17, 2006
  8. Dave P wrote:
    > Yes, loaded F6 drivers. This board wont even boot windows using
    > straight IDE to IDE.
    > Board is toast.

    You did a CMOS reset after you changed the configuration, right?

    Travis Jordan, Mar 19, 2006