Patatoe chip sounds during screen activity

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by GarField, Jun 26, 2005.

  1. GarField

    GarField Guest

    Hi,

    I hope somebody can help with this:

    - I have a Gigabyte GA8TX 1500 motherboard with 384 MB.
    - Soundblaster onboard, latest drivers installed.
    - 4MB Graphic card S3 virgo Pci
    - 80 GB Hd

    The problem is this: When the system plays music, it doesn't matter by which
    program
    (winamp, realplayer, wmp) or even during startup and the welcome tune from
    windows (98SE) is played, then there is some patatoechip sounds hearing at
    the background.

    It stops when there is no screen activity. For example, when I use Winamp to
    play
    mp3's then the p-sounds are synchronous with the visualisation I use.
    Stopping the visualisation
    helps a lot but then, on a lower volume level, it syncs with the graphic
    analyser display.

    The music is 'mp3' perfect when I throw Winamp on the taskbar.....

    Also with streaming Video the same problem accurs...

    Familiar Problem? and Solution?

    Please let me know, thanks in advance

    G.

    GarField, Jun 26, 2005

  2. GarField

    Justin Scott Guest

    GarField wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I hope somebody can help with this:
    >
    > - I have a Gigabyte GA8TX 1500 motherboard with 384 MB.
    > - Soundblaster onboard, latest drivers installed.
    > - 4MB Graphic card S3 virgo Pci
    > - 80 GB Hd
    >

    > The problem is this: When the system plays music, it doesn't matter by which
    > program
    > (winamp, realplayer, wmp) or even during startup and the welcome tune from
    > windows (98SE) is played, then there is some patatoechip sounds hearing at
    > the background.
    >
    > It stops when there is no screen activity. For example, when I use Winamp to
    > play
    > mp3's then the p-sounds are synchronous with the visualisation I use.
    > Stopping the visualisation
    > helps a lot but then, on a lower volume level, it syncs with the graphic
    > analyser display.
    >
    > The music is 'mp3' perfect when I throw Winamp on the taskbar.....
    >
    > Also with streaming Video the same problem accurs...
    >
    > Familiar Problem? and Solution?
    >
    > Please let me know, thanks in advance
    >
    > G.

    It sounds like a possible IRQ conflict between your PCI video card and
    the sound. Try moving the video card to a different slot (go through
    each slot, turn on the computer, play music) and see if it helps. Also,
    be sure the drivers are the latest, although with a Virge I doubt there
    have been any updates in years. Your card may have a buggy PCI
    implementation which is causing it to hog the PCI bus' bandwidth. Do you
    have any other video card (any newer at all?) that you could switch to?

    Justin Scott, Jul 2, 2005

  3. GarField

    Garfield Guest

    Thanks for reacting,

    I tried that all, but no result. I don't have another soundcard but I have
    another version of windows (ME) and I saw on the GBwebsite that there is a
    different Soundblaster driver package for this. So I hope this will solve
    this sound problem....

    I will have, offcourse, after that 'upgrade' a lot of new problems.
    Maybe cu then....

    G.

    "Justin Scott" <> schreef in bericht
    :