Patatoe Chips spikes

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by GarField, Jun 26, 2005.

  1. GarField

    GarField Guest

    Hi,

    I hope somebody can help with this:

    - I have a Gigabyte GA8TX 1500 motherboard with 384 MB.
    - Soundblaster onboard, latest drivers installed.
    - 4MB Graphic card S3 virgo Pci
    - 80 GB Hd

    The problem is this: When the system plays music, it doesn't matter by which
    program
    (winamp, realplayer, wmp) or even during startup and the welcome tune from
    windows (98SE) is played, then there is some patatoechip sounds hearing at
    the background.

    It stops when there is no screen activity. For example, when I use Winamp to
    play
    mp3's then the p-sounds are synchronous with the visualisation I use.
    Stopping the visualisation
    helps a lot but then, on a lower volume level, it syncs with the graphic
    analyser display.

    The music is 'mp3' perfect when I throw Winamp on the taskbar.....

    Also with streaming Video the same problem accurs...

    Familiar Problem? and Solution?

    Please let me know, thanks in advance

    G.

    GarField, Jun 26, 2005

  2. GarField wrote:
    > then there is some patatoechip sounds
    > hearing at the background.

    What is a "patatoechip sound"?

    Travis Jordan, Jun 26, 2005

  3. GarField

    GarField Guest

    If you don't know what that mean......keep it that way....it's not healthy!

    Maybe when I say spikes on the signal?

    "Travis Jordan" <> schreef in bericht
    : GarField wrote:
    : > then there is some patatoechip sounds
    : > hearing at the background.
    :
    : What is a "patatoechip sound"?
    :
    :

    GarField, Jun 27, 2005
  4. GarField

    Mercury Guest

    Check your HDD controller / motherboard drivers are up to date.
    Check the S3 card drivers.
    Check the sound drivers.

    Normally this issue occurs by the HDD controller, but then it correlates to
    HDD activity.

    There may be a PCI setting which is inadvertanly wrong. "PCI Latency Timer"
    should normally have a setting of 32 - if it is not note its value, try 32
    and see what happens.

    Mercury, Jun 28, 2005