pb club 2600

Discussion in 'Packard Bell' started by ALPI, Apr 2, 2006.

  1. ALPI

    ALPI Guest

    where can i find the original ami bios for the mobo ga-6wmm7 rev 2.0 ?
    and how can i flash it.
    When power on, i can hear the floppy trying to read something with one
    bip, but when i put in a floppy it beep twice.

    Site : http://mesnews.no-ip.com

    1. Advertising

  2. metronid

    metronid Guest

    A little information
    You just flashed your bios and now you have a problem?

    You did use the correct bios?

    Did your computer boot correctly right after the flash to Windows.
    Just a normal boot forgetting about the floppy.

    Why are you booting off of a floppy now?

    "ALPI" <> wrote in message
    > where can i find the original ami bios for the mobo ga-6wmm7 rev 2.0 ?
    > and how can i flash it.
    > When power on, i can hear the floppy trying to read something with one
    > bip, but when i put in a floppy it beep twice.
    >
    > --
    > Ceci est une signature automatique de MesNews.
    > Site : http://mesnews.no-ip.com

    1. Advertising

  3. metronid

    metronid Guest

    I believe that board has dsual bios feature
    for mess ups
    "metronid" <> wrote in message
    >A little information
    > You just flashed your bios and now you have a problem?
    >
    > You did use the correct bios?
    >
    > Did your computer boot correctly right after the flash to Windows.
    > Just a normal boot forgetting about the floppy.
    >
    > Why are you booting off of a floppy now?
    >
    > "ALPI" <> wrote in message
    >> where can i find the original ami bios for the mobo ga-6wmm7 rev 2.0 ?
    >> and how can i flash it.
    >> When power on, i can hear the floppy trying to read something with one
    >> bip, but when i put in a floppy it beep twice.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ceci est une signature automatique de MesNews.
    >> Site : http://mesnews.no-ip.com

  4. ALPI

    ALPI Guest

    metronid avait prétendu :
    > A little information
    > You just flashed your bios and now you have a problem?
    >
    > You did use the correct bios?
    >
    > Did your computer boot correctly right after the flash to Windows.
    > Just a normal boot forgetting about the floppy.
    >
    > Why are you booting off of a floppy now?
    >
    > "ALPI" <> wrote in message
    >> where can i find the original ami bios for the mobo ga-6wmm7 rev 2.0 ?
    >> and how can i flash it.
    >> When power on, i can hear the floppy trying to read something with one bip,
    >> but when i put in a floppy it beep twice.
    >>
    >> -- Ceci est une signature automatique de MesNews.
    >> Site : http://mesnews.no-ip.com

    Yes I think so. This is the version for the Houston from the site
    Packard bell. After flash and the 5 beeps the system reboots without a
    the floppy inserted. I could hear the floppy rattling.
    I had the same problem after flashing a K7S5A mainboard from Elite.
    With a ami bios as well. The only solution i found is to reflash the
    board with an older bios. And it has been working.
    I think the bios on the packard bell site are maybe not the good ones.
    Therefore I'm searching for the original bios.
    I have a second motherboard but it is faulty. As the bios chip is
    solded on it I can use it to come back to my previous bios.

    Site : http://mesnews.no-ip.com

  5. metronid

    metronid Guest

    Some gigabyte motherboards have a back up bios
    When booting I think it is the delele key
    Not the f2

    They a couple of different Houston motherboards
    3 3+ 4
    Which one did you have
    You used your seial number of course to locate the bios

    There is also a jumper for recovery that uses basic info so the floppy
    works.

    You can also flash from a CDROM

    You just need the OEM first version bios
    It is not on the master cd if such exists

    "ALPI" <> wrote in message
    > metronid avait prétendu :
    >> A little information
    >> You just flashed your bios and now you have a problem?
    >>
    >> You did use the correct bios?
    >>
    >> Did your computer boot correctly right after the flash to Windows.
    >> Just a normal boot forgetting about the floppy.
    >>
    >> Why are you booting off of a floppy now?
    >>
    >> "ALPI" <> wrote in message
    >>> where can i find the original ami bios for the mobo ga-6wmm7 rev 2.0 ?
    >>> and how can i flash it.
    >>> When power on, i can hear the floppy trying to read something with one
    >>> bip, but when i put in a floppy it beep twice.
    >>>
    >>> -- Ceci est une signature automatique de MesNews.
    >>> Site : http://mesnews.no-ip.com
    >>>

    > Yes I think so. This is the version for the Houston from the site Packard
    > bell. After flash and the 5 beeps the system reboots without a the floppy
    > inserted. I could hear the floppy rattling.
    > I had the same problem after flashing a K7S5A mainboard from Elite. With a
    > ami bios as well. The only solution i found is to reflash the board with
    > an older bios. And it has been working.
    > I think the bios on the packard bell site are maybe not the good ones.
    > Therefore I'm searching for the original bios.
    > I have a second motherboard but it is faulty. As the bios chip is solded
    > on it I can use it to come back to my previous bios.
    >
    > --
    > Ceci est une signature automatique de MesNews.
    > Site : http://mesnews.no-ip.com

  6. ALPI

    ALPI Guest

    metronid a écrit :
    > Some gigabyte motherboards have a back up bios
    > When booting I think it is the delele key
    > Not the f2
    >
    > They a couple of different Houston motherboards
    > 3 3+ 4
    > Which one did you have
    > You used your seial number of course to locate the bios
    >

    > There is also a jumper for recovery that uses basic info so the floppy works.
    >
    > You can also flash from a CDROM
    >
    > You just need the OEM first version bios
    > It is not on the master cd if such exists
    >

    > "ALPI" <> wrote in message
    >> metronid avait prétendu :
    >>> A little information
    >>> You just flashed your bios and now you have a problem?
    >>>
    >>> You did use the correct bios?
    >>>
    >>> Did your computer boot correctly right after the flash to Windows.
    >>> Just a normal boot forgetting about the floppy.
    >>>
    >>> Why are you booting off of a floppy now?
    >>>
    >>> "ALPI" <> wrote in message

    >> Yes I think so. This is the version for the Houston from the site Packard
    >> bell. After flash and the 5 beeps the system reboots without a the floppy
    >> inserted. I could hear the floppy rattling.
    >> I had the same problem after flashing a K7S5A mainboard from Elite. With a
    >> ami bios as well. The only solution i found is to reflash the board with an
    >> older bios. And it has been working.
    >> I think the bios on the packard bell site are maybe not the good ones.
    >> Therefore I'm searching for the original bios.
    >> I have a second motherboard but it is faulty. As the bios chip is solded on
    >> it I can use it to come back to my previous bios.
    >>
    >> -- Ceci est une signature automatique de MesNews.
    >> Site : http://mesnews.no-ip.com

    I found on a site the different lay-out of the motherboard.
    I've the houston 3+R and not the 3+. I think the problem is there.

    I have noted I've the same in my attick so I will try to copy the bios
    from it, save it to bootrom.ami or so and try to flash my first one.

    I was wrong when I said that I've another unservicable (this one was a
    P4 based mobo from GA)

    Site : http://mesnews.no-ip.com

  7. ALPI

    ALPI Guest

    Dans son message précédent, metronid a écrit :
    > Some gigabyte motherboards have a back up bios
    > When booting I think it is the delele key
    > Not the f2
    >
    > They a couple of different Houston motherboards
    > 3 3+ 4
    > Which one did you have
    > You used your seial number of course to locate the bios
    >

    > There is also a jumper for recovery that uses basic info so the floppy works.
    >
    > You can also flash from a CDROM
    >
    > You just need the OEM first version bios
    > It is not on the master cd if such exists
    >

    > "ALPI" <> wrote in message
    >> metronid avait prétendu :
    >>> A little information
    >>> You just flashed your bios and now you have a problem?
    >>>
    >>> You did use the correct bios?
    >>>
    >>> Did your computer boot correctly right after the flash to Windows.
    >>> Just a normal boot forgetting about the floppy.
    >>>
    >>> Why are you booting off of a floppy now?
    >>>
    >>> "ALPI" <> wrote in message

    >> Yes I think so. This is the version for the Houston from the site Packard
    >> bell. After flash and the 5 beeps the system reboots without a the floppy
    >> inserted. I could hear the floppy rattling.
    >> I had the same problem after flashing a K7S5A mainboard from Elite. With a
    >> ami bios as well. The only solution i found is to reflash the board with an
    >> older bios. And it has been working.
    >> I think the bios on the packard bell site are maybe not the good ones.
    >> Therefore I'm searching for the original bios.
    >> I have a second motherboard but it is faulty. As the bios chip is solded on
    >> it I can use it to come back to my previous bios.
    >>
    >> -- Ceci est une signature automatique de MesNews.
    >> Site : http://mesnews.no-ip.com

    Thank you for your help. :D
    I have succeeded to get the content of the bios from a second mobo with
    the amiflash /Samiboot. I renamed it to amiboot.rom and copied it on a
    floppy then I inserted it into my rattling workstation. It has been
    working and bringing the bios to the version 2.0G. I downloaded the
    latest biosversion 2.0Q and intall it : no problem at all.
    Version 2.0G recognize the celeron as a pentium 3 while the version Q
    as a celeron. :D

    Site : http://mesnews.no-ip.com

  8. metronid

    metronid Guest

    You have proved one thing
    A bad flash is recoverable

    This is true very often
    I have purchased bad flashed boards at a discount many times
    It is easier of course when the flash chip is removable

    back to ebay