    nothing seems to work. Any1 know a solution?

    Thanks in advance for any help

    Scott

    John, Jan 6, 2005

  2. John

    Elector Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    news:crjur7$cdb$...
    > Hi sorry if this is the wrong newsgroup,
    >
    > I gave my dad my old computer a couple months ago to replace his old
    > Packard
    > Bell one. I kept my monitor though, meaning that my dad was left
    > with his
    > packard bell 1015. My problem is that though the montior manual
    > says the
    > maximum resolution is 1024x768, I can only acheive 800x600. I have
    > searched
    > all over the internet for a solution, trying different drivers etc
    > but
    > nothing seems to work. Any1 know a solution?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any help
    >
    > Scott

    Scott the resolution or refresh rate of the monitor is dependent on
    the "Video Card" if you have a on board video you would have to look
    for an updated driver to achieve that size and resolution. Also if you
    have a PCI Video card it will also need newer drivers and they can be
    obtained via the manufacturer's web site. (ATI-Cirrus Logic-NVIDIA
    etc)

    I hope that helped?

    Elector

    Elector, Jan 6, 2005