    Watts Carburetion Service
    Whizzbang Computers
    Official collector of: transfat asian plastic junk trinkets !
    Robert E. Watts, May 1, 2007

  2. Robert E. Watts

    Ben Myers Guest

    Bob,

    I think PB avoided that one. VESA local bus systems were almost all 486s.
    There were a few odd Pentium VLB systems, and even some strange hybrids with
    VLB, PCI and ISA all on the same motherboard, a nice mishmash... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, May 1, 2007

  3. Hi Ben !

    "Ben Myers" <> wrote in message
    > Bob,
    >
    > I think PB avoided that one. VESA local bus systems were almost all
    > 486s.
    > There were a few odd Pentium VLB systems, and even some strange hybrids
    > with
    > VLB, PCI and ISA all on the same motherboard, a nice mishmash... Ben Myers

    As usual, you know your stuff. :)

    I have collected motherboards for many years, probably since about '95. I
    have all that you mention above, and even bought quite a few of the 486
    PCI/ISA/VESA boards new. They worked very well. Still have some.

    But years ago, when I found a Socket 4 Pentium 60 ISA/VESA board, I would
    have bet money that they didn't exist. I found a brand new one actually a
    couple of years ago.

    Then I found a Socket 5 Pentium ISA/VESA board ! Really weird.

    I never saw a PB VESA computer, but wondered if they existed.

    Thanks

    bob
    Robert E. Watts, May 1, 2007