    http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/9725/, was down a few minutes
    ago for excessive bandwidth!! Back up right now. Will cruise that. Any help
    is really appreciated.
    Cork, Jun 10, 2005

  2. Cork

    Cork Guest

    I guess I should've said is this possible to begin with? LOL

    Cork, Jun 10, 2005

  3. Cork

    Cork Guest

    Nobody has anything? C'mon Ben or Elector. Thought you guys would have
    something. LOL

    Cork, Jun 12, 2005
  4. Cork

    metronid Guest

    Let me know the resources each device is using
    The one that is disabled also

    metronid, Jun 12, 2005
  5. Cork

    RRR_News Guest

    Cork,
    Here is a site about PBell Motherboards, I did not see anything saying
    PB910, but saw PB930/950 or PB911 motherboards.
    http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/pb/mb/pbmb.htm

    You can try disabling the onboard, by changing the jumper on the board. Now
    for my PB MM955 using a PB850 motherboard. Even if I disabled the onboard
    video with the VGA jumper changed, and with a 64mb PCI PNY Nvidia Video card
    installed. I could not use PB Restore CD, as it was intended to be used.
    Cause it could not find the onboard video during the installation. I needed
    to find a way to install the OS and drivers manually.

    Have you tried upgrading the video drivers for the card, in SAFE Mode, based
    on the XP OS from www.nvidia.com ? Since it is an old motherboard, it might
    not be compatible with XP, you may need to downgrade to W98SE for that PC.

    --

    Rich/rerat

    (RRR News) <message rule>

    RRR_News, Jun 12, 2005
  6. Cork

    Cork Guest

    Well, I had a friend of mine helping me out on this today. Just doesn't seem
    to be anything I can do. Also finally looked at what power supply this
    system has last time I had the cover off. Not sure if I'm reading the right
    line but, says it's only either a 70 or 90 watts. The card recommends 200
    watts, I think it was!

    Cork, Jun 13, 2005
  7. Cork

    RRR_News Guest

    Cork,
    Make sure, if you decide to upgrade the power supply, consider one that is
    at least 300Watts. Also make sure that is a good quality one. Some store
    branded/generic ones don't last long. I had a problem with the CompUSA store
    branded/generic units, went through two (2) from them. OEM PBell that I have
    came with a 90W unit.

    --

    Click on Link to Add MS to your News Reader: news://msnews.microsoft.com
    Rich/rerat

    (RRR News) <message rule>

    RRR_News, Jun 13, 2005
  8. Cork

    Cork Guest

    Don't know if I already said this in prior post, but it's come up twice now.
    Get stop message saying windows had shut down to protect system files, or
    something like that. Bad pool caller is the fault.

    Do you think this old system could handle a power supply like that! LOL

    Will have to look some up for an idea on a price and stuff to see if it's
    even worth it. Otherwise, I have a memory upgrade coming from Crucial that I
    am doing on another system of mine. Should be here tomorrow. Will just add
    this video card and the memory to other machine at same time.

    Cork, Jun 14, 2005
  9. Cork

    Cork Guest

    I'm working at trying to get this together!!

    Cork, Jun 14, 2005
  10. Cork

    metronid Guest

    error code 10 and bad pool caller are all
    device conflicts
    you did check the resources each device was using

    metronid, Jun 14, 2005
  11. Cork

    RRR_News Guest

    Cork,
    300W even a 400 Watt Pwr Supply should be fine. Just make sure that is
    compatible with the motherboard. You should get one that is for ATX boards.
    Some of the 300+ Watt Pwr Supplies are design for the Pentium 4 boards that
    might have different connectors. You should consider pulling the PBell OEM
    Pwr supply and bringing it to the store to make sure that you get the right
    connectors on the new unit.

    Initially I installed my 64 mb 440 card without upgrading the Pwr supply. I
    did see some improvement of the graphics compared to the onboard graphics.
    But after upgrading the pwr supply, there was a dramatic increase in quality
    over the onboard graphics in the unit. As I said, make sure that you
    purchase a good quality one, at least the store should have a good instore
    return/replacement policy for failed units. That is why I do not recommend
    CompUSA Generic/Store-branded 300W ATX units.

    RRR_News, Jun 14, 2005
  12. Cork

    metronid Guest

    1. For the boards that have onboard video and you would like to install a
    PCI video card, before you install the PCI video card make sure that in the
    BIOS the "Init Display First" is set to PCI not AGP. Then install the PCI
    video card and plug your monitor cable into the PCI video card installed.
    Once your system is in Windows load the drivers provided by the manufacture
    of the PCI video card. If you would like to disable the on board video you
    can do so by going to the device manager and right clicking the onboard
    video card listed under display adapters and choose the disable option.

    2. For the boards with an AGP socket on the board in addition to onboard
    video, as soon as an AGP card is placed in the AGP socket, the onboard VGA
    will disable automatically. However, if an PCI video card is inserted to the
    PCI slot then it will have to be disable in the OS.

    As far as the power supply is concerned a more sturdy one is always good
    idea
    That is not the reason for the error codes
    As far as a COMPUSA ,I always pay the 4.99 replacement plan and they seem
    not to burn up for some reason
    pricewatch.com has cheap ones all the time
    remember cheap is usually cheap

    You can always cut the power pin to the agp chipset as a last resort

    In any case
    I am going back to Ebay

    metronid, Jun 14, 2005
  13. Cork

    Ben Myers Guest

    Older P4 ATX power supplies have a secondary 12v connector which can simply
    remain unused with a P2 or P3 motherboard. The newest latest and greatest P4
    power supplies comply with Intel's newest latest and greatest BTX standard, a
    larger single connector to a motherboard. I doubt that BTX power supplies are
    readily available in stores yet, but the advice is sound to remove the power
    supply from the PB system, take to the store and match it up with a replacement,
    eyeballing the two side by side. In addition to the motherboard connector, all
    dimensions and screw hole mountings need to be an identical match.

    .... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Jun 14, 2005
  14. Cork

    Cork Guest

    I'll be checking and or shopping this weekend.

    Thanks

    Cork, Jun 15, 2005
  15. You can also try looking here, www.power-on.com. Even if you don't buy
    from them. There is a PSU to PSU table listing alternative PSUs that can be
    used as replacements. If you see a PSU that looks like what you need, you
    can check the accompanying graphics to ensure the connectors match up. As a
    last resort, they have a number of adapter cables for the various PSU to MB
    combinations.

    KC

    Kevin Childers, Jun 22, 2005