    computer. The MSI diagram for the connectors are useless as this is a OEM
    board and the connector header has been redesigned.

    Thanks.

    Guest, May 5, 2004

  2. Guest

    Elector Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:nnamc.6267$...
    > Could someone post the proper front panel connections for this NEC
    > mainboard? It's not marked and I have been unable to find a website that

    has
    > this info. This is a MSI MS-6156 VER: 1.1 BX-7 board from a NEC Ready 9935
    > computer. The MSI diagram for the connectors are useless as this is a OEM
    > board and the connector header has been redesigned.
    >
    > Thanks.

    I think Simon knows about these units. Although the group is mainly for
    Packard Bell systems. NEC at one time had a support area at its own web site
    http://www.nec.com also a Google search may yield many more results.
    http://www.google.com

    Elector

    Elector, May 5, 2004

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    "Elector" <> wrote in message

    > <> wrote in message
    > > Could someone post the proper front panel connections for this NEC
    > > mainboard? It's not marked and I have been unable to find a website that

    > has
    > > this info. This is a MSI MS-6156 VER: 1.1 BX-7 board from a NEC Ready

    9935
    > > computer. The MSI diagram for the connectors are useless as this is a

    OEM
    > > board and the connector header has been redesigned.
    > >
    > > Thanks.
    > >

    > I think Simon knows about these units. Although the group is mainly for
    > Packard Bell systems. NEC at one time had a support area at its own web

    site
    > http://www.nec.com also a Google search may yield many more results.
    > http://www.google.com
    >
    > Elector

    Hi Elector. How you doing? Thanks for the links. I had been to google and
    looked at the first 18-20 pages of hits. No dice. The NEC website is no
    help. It looks like they have turned over the documents for these older
    systems to priorityone and they want the $69.95 to join before you can
    access these documents. Since NEC bought Packard Bell I was thinking maybe
    someone on here still had one of these and could give me the diagram of the
    connectors or send me a pdf file of the manual.

    I could probably use my multimeter and find the pwr switch but there is the
    possibility of shorting out the board if the connector is oriented the wrong
    way.

    I guess it might pay me to be patient and wait a while and see what turns
    up. I might accidently find this info or the manual.

    Regards.

    Guest, May 6, 2004
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    "Elector" <> wrote in message

    > <> wrote in message
    > > Could someone post the proper front panel connections for this NEC
    > > mainboard? It's not marked and I have been unable to find a website that

    > has
    > > this info. This is a MSI MS-6156 VER: 1.1 BX-7 board from a NEC Ready

    9935
    > > computer. The MSI diagram for the connectors are useless as this is a

    OEM
    > > board and the connector header has been redesigned.
    > >
    > > Thanks.
    > >

    > I think Simon knows about these units. Although the group is mainly for
    > Packard Bell systems. NEC at one time had a support area at its own web

    site
    > http://www.nec.com also a Google search may yield many more results.
    > http://www.google.com
    >
    > Elector

    Elector, I just now found out that this board is a PB911. I also found a
    link that shows the layout and setup, etc but it doesn't show the pinout for
    the front panel connectors. :-(

    Guest, May 6, 2004
  5. Guest

    Elector Guest

    <> wrote in message
    <snip>
    > Elector, I just now found out that this board is a PB911. I also

    found a
    > link that shows the layout and setup, etc but it doesn't show the

    pinout for
    > the front panel connectors. :-(

    Hello my friend, your in luck I have the system specs for that PB911
    at my Yahoo Groups Site with pin assignments here:

    These files are from my good friend Velix who like Ray had a great PB
    Help site.

    Hope that helped?

    Elector

    Elector, May 6, 2004
  6. Guest

    Elector Guest

    <> wrote in message
    <snip>
    > Hi Elector. How you doing? Thanks for the links. I had been to

    google and
    > looked at the first 18-20 pages of hits. No dice. The NEC website is

    no
    > help. It looks like they have turned over the documents for these

    older
    > systems to priorityone and they want the $69.95 to join before you

    can
    > access these documents. Since NEC bought Packard Bell I was thinking

    maybe
    > someone on here still had one of these and could give me the diagram

    of the
    > connectors or send me a pdf file of the manual.
    >
    > I could probably use my multimeter and find the pwr switch but there

    is the
    > possibility of shorting out the board if the connector is oriented

    the wrong
    > way.
    >
    > I guess it might pay me to be patient and wait a while and see what

    turns
    > up. I might accidently find this info or the manual.
    >
    > Regards.

    Doing fine my friend. I noticed you at the HP group helping out Ben,
    At the next reply you will see that I have the files you need and have
    placed them at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/officialpackardbellusers/
    in the file section under PB 911.

    I believe you have already joined both my help sites, you can also
    join under a bogus name if you so desire since the groups I maintain
    do not send foolish alerts or unwanted information. Nor do we post for
    the sake of posting. That is why our groups are so successful.

    Elector

    Elector, May 6, 2004
  7. Guest

    Guest Guest

    "Elector" <> wrote in message

    > <> wrote in message
    > <snip>
    > > Elector, I just now found out that this board is a PB911. I also

    > found a
    > > link that shows the layout and setup, etc but it doesn't show the

    > pinout for
    > > the front panel connectors. :-(

    > Hello my friend, your in luck I have the system specs for that PB911
    > at my Yahoo Groups Site with pin assignments here:
    >
    > These files are from my good friend Velix who like Ray had a great PB
    > Help site.
    >
    > Hope that helped?
    >
    > Elector

    Elector, Many Thanks.

    Guest, May 6, 2004
  8. Guest

    Guest Guest

    "Elector" <> wrote in message

    > <> wrote in message
    > <snip>
    > > Hi Elector. How you doing? Thanks for the links. I had been to

    > google and
    > > looked at the first 18-20 pages of hits. No dice. The NEC website is

    > no
    > > help. It looks like they have turned over the documents for these

    > older
    > > systems to priorityone and they want the $69.95 to join before you

    > can
    > > access these documents. Since NEC bought Packard Bell I was thinking

    > maybe
    > > someone on here still had one of these and could give me the diagram

    > of the
    > > connectors or send me a pdf file of the manual.
    > >
    > > I could probably use my multimeter and find the pwr switch but there

    > is the
    > > possibility of shorting out the board if the connector is oriented

    > the wrong
    > > way.
    > >
    > > I guess it might pay me to be patient and wait a while and see what

    > turns
    > > up. I might accidently find this info or the manual.
    > >
    > > Regards.

    > Doing fine my friend. I noticed you at the HP group helping out Ben,
    > At the next reply you will see that I have the files you need and have
    > placed them at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/officialpackardbellusers/
    > in the file section under PB 911.
    >
    > I believe you have already joined both my help sites, you can also
    > join under a bogus name if you so desire since the groups I maintain
    > do not send foolish alerts or unwanted information. Nor do we post for
    > the sake of posting. That is why our groups are so successful.
    >
    > Elector

    I guess you caught me Elector. I usually just go and read the posts but once
    in a while someone asks about something that I know a little about. Most of
    the time I don't answer since Ben usually responds with the "good stuff".
    It's a good way for me learn some things and maybe solve some of my own
    problems.

    Regards. BR549

    Guest, May 6, 2004