    running Win 98. I did go to the compaq/hp support site, but I can't
    determine exactly which model this and there seems to be quite a few.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    James Bailey, Jul 16, 2003

  2. James Bailey

    Mike Calkins Guest

    The serial number contains a config code that may help determine which dp
    2000 you have. What is the serial number? If it has USB ports, and if you
    have access to a USB wireless device, try that.

    Which version of Win '98? What wireless cards are you trying?

    Mike in Houston

    Mike Calkins, Jul 16, 2003

  3. James Bailey

    James Bailey Guest

    The serial is 6814BMK2P497. It is Win 98 SE. The card is Linksys
    Wireless G PCI Adapter. I have one in an older and newer vanilla pc
    and they work great.

    Here is an interesting update, I figure if you can't beat them join
    them, so I put in a Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 Pro PCI video card. The
    Compaq and Win 98 SE recognized and installed drivers for the card
    just fine, but when I put in the Linksys card, the video goes blank
    just like the onboard video, weird!

    James Bailey, Jul 17, 2003