    a USB host<-->host bridge that supports those speeds.)

    Thanks!
    -larry
    Larry Martell, Jan 19, 2005

  2. In comp.arch.embedded Larry Martell <> wrote:
    > Does anyone know of any PCI cards that have LVDS ports? I have
    > a requirment to communicate between 2 PC's over a point to
    > point connection at 33Mbps.

    What's ruling out plain old 100baseT Ethernet?

    --
    Hans-Bernhard Broeker (-aachen.de)
    Hans-Bernhard Broeker, Jan 19, 2005

  3. Larry Martell wrote:

    > Does anyone know of any PCI cards that have LVDS ports? I have
    > a requirment to communicate between 2 PC's over a point to
    > point connection at 33Mbps. Other then LVDS what comm protocal
    > supports these speeds? (I know USB does, but I have not found
    > a USB host<-->host bridge that supports those speeds.)

    This is a suboptimal idea as the common mode of LVDS is
    extremely small. Go for a 100MBit LAN.

    Rene
    Rene Tschaggelar, Jan 20, 2005
  4. Larry Martell

    Guest

    Rene Tschaggelar wrote:
    > Larry Martell wrote:
    >
    > > Does anyone know of any PCI cards that have LVDS ports? I have
    > > a requirment to communicate between 2 PC's over a point to
    > > point connection at 33Mbps. Other then LVDS what comm protocal
    > > supports these speeds? (I know USB does, but I have not found
    > > a USB host<-->host bridge that supports those speeds.)

    > This is a suboptimal idea as the common mode of LVDS is
    > extremely small.

    What does this mean? What is the "common mode of LVDS"?

    > Go for a 100MBit LAN.

    If I could I would. The customer is fixated on LVDS for some
    reason. I did find a LVDS PCI card - it's the CDa card from EDT:

    http://www.edt.com/pcicda.html
    Does anyone have any experience with this card?

    -larry
    , Jan 21, 2005
  5. Larry Martell

    TC Guest

    "Rene Tschaggelar" <> wrote in message
    > Larry Martell wrote:
    >
    >> Does anyone know of any PCI cards that have LVDS ports? I have
    >> a requirment to communicate between 2 PC's over a point to
    >> point connection at 33Mbps. Other then LVDS what comm protocal
    >> supports these speeds? (I know USB does, but I have not found
    >> a USB host<-->host bridge that supports those speeds.)

    > This is a suboptimal idea as the common mode of LVDS is
    > extremely small. Go for a 100MBit LAN.
    >
    > Rene
    > --
    > Ing.Buero R.Tschaggelar - http://www.ibrtses.com