pci sound card and onboard sound

Discussion in 'MSI' started by pc00019@googlemail.com, Nov 24, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Is it possible to run a PCI soundcard (the creative x-fi music) and the
    onboard sound (only the mic-in)? I have 7.1 speakers, and so unless I
    dish out another 40 quid for the break out box thingy, I will have no
    line in's.

    1. Advertising

  2. Grunion

    Grunion Guest

    wrote:
    > Is it possible to run a PCI soundcard (the creative x-fi music) and the
    > onboard sound (only the mic-in)? I have 7.1 speakers, and so unless I
    > dish out another 40 quid for the break out box thingy, I will have no
    > line in's.

    No, I don't think you can run both at the same time.

    - Grun