    Or, ASUS
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320071

    Thanks

    Boris, Oct 19, 2011

  2. Boris

    RnR Guest

    On Wed, 19 Oct 2011 02:02:19 +0000 (UTC), Boris
    <> wrote:

    >(My apologies for posting here and on the Windows7.general ng. I meant to
    >come here and only here, but jumped the gun.)
    >
    >I need a PCIe wifi card for my Studio XPS 8100, running Win7HP 64-bit.
    >
    >Anyone familiar with this from Rosewill? Sounds like driver install may be
    >a little cumbersome, if I want Windows to control the network card, but
    >otherwise looks good.
    >http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833166063
    >

    >Or, ASUS
    >http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320071
    >
    >Thanks

    I never had either but if it were me, I'd go with the first one
    because many bought it and it had good newegg reviews.

    I don't know if they ship a cd with the Rosewell drivers but if not,
    download and install the drivers from the Rosewill website prior to
    installing the card. Then reboot and let windows detect the device.
    Sometimes you may, during the install, have to fill in where the
    drivers folder is located.

    RnR, Oct 19, 2011

  3. Boris

    Bob_Villa Guest

    On Oct 18, 9:02 pm, Boris <> wrote:
    > (My apologies for posting here and on the Windows7.general ng.  I meantto
    > come here and only here, but jumped the gun.)
    >
    > I need a PCIe wifi card for my Studio XPS 8100, running Win7HP 64-bit.
    >
    > Anyone familiar with this from Rosewill?  Sounds like driver install may be
    > a little cumbersome, if I want Windows to control the network card, but
    > otherwise looks good.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833166063
    >
    > Or, ASUShttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320071
    >
    > Thanks

    I would go with Asus...I find (and have mentioned this before)
    Rosewill puts there name on generic items and it turns out to be a
    crap-shoot!

    Bob_Villa, Oct 19, 2011
  4. Boris

    Guest

    On Oct 18, 8:02 pm, Boris <> wrote:
    > (My apologies for posting here and on the Windows7.general ng.  I meantto
    > come here and only here, but jumped the gun.)
    >
    > I need a PCIe wifi card for my Studio XPS 8100, running Win7HP 64-bit.
    >
    > Anyone familiar with this from Rosewill?  Sounds like driver install may be
    > a little cumbersome, if I want Windows to control the network card, but
    > otherwise looks good.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833166063
    >
    > Or, ASUShttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320071
    >
    > Thank

    The ratings for that adapter are somewhat mixed.

    You might want to checkout this one:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833180074

    It is a usb adapter and the ratings are consistently higher. I bought
    one and really like it and bought another one for backup.

    , Oct 19, 2011
  5. Boris

    Tom Lake Guest

    "Boris" wrote in message

    (My apologies for posting here and on the Windows7.general ng. I meant to
    come here and only here, but jumped the gun.)

    I need a PCIe wifi card for my Studio XPS 8100, running Win7HP 64-bit.

    Anyone familiar with this from Rosewill? Sounds like driver install may be
    a little cumbersome, if I want Windows to control the network card, but
    otherwise looks good.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833166063

    I have a Rosewill card and installed the Rosewill driver alone without
    the other crap on the CD. Windows controls it and it's a fairly solid, well-
    performing card.

    Tom L

    Tom Lake, Oct 19, 2011
  6. Boris

    Boris Guest

    Boris <> wrote in

    > (My apologies for posting here and on the Windows7.general ng. I
    > meant to come here and only here, but jumped the gun.)
    >
    > I need a PCIe wifi card for my Studio XPS 8100, running Win7HP 64-bit.
    >
    > Anyone familiar with this from Rosewill? Sounds like driver install
    > may be a little cumbersome, if I want Windows to control the network
    > card, but otherwise looks good.
    > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833166063
    >

    > Or, ASUS
    > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320071
    >
    > Thanks

    Thank you all for your recommendations. However, I decided to locate my
    8100 in the same room as my wifi router (D-Lnk 524), and connected the
    two via ethernet. I can now get on the internet, and print to my
    wireless capable Brother HL 2270 DW laser printer.

    Boris, Oct 21, 2011