    Licantrop0 / Hx since 2001
    Http: www.tandycenturyfox.com
    eMail: licantrop0-at-libero.it

    Licantrop0, Dec 5, 2004

  2. Licantrop0

    Chris H. Guest

    Are you right- or left-handed, and have you set the handedness in Control
    Panel? Which pen drivers does your Tablet PC use, and have you checked for
    updates?
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    Chris H., Dec 5, 2004

  3. Licantrop0

    Licantrop0 Guest

    Chris H. ha scritto:

    > Are you right- or left-handed,

    Right handed.

    > and have you set the handedness in
    > Control Panel?

    yep.

    > Which pen drivers does your Tablet PC use,

    the default one.

    > and have you checked for updates?

    yes, the system is all updatized.

    the strange thing is that this skew is introduced only in certain
    part of the screen, in particular on the borders (i.e. when I try
    to use the vertical scrollbar on a web page)

    I should send the computer in assistance?

    Licantrop0, Dec 5, 2004
  4. Licantrop0

    Chris H. Guest

    I can't tell which "default" driver you're using. If the system uses the
    Wacom driver for your pen, try downloading and installing the Penabled
    driver from http://www.wacom.com/tabletpc/. If you updated to Windows XP
    SP2 and the Tablet PC Edition 2005, you may also want to download and
    reinstall the latest graphics driver for the system, too, even if the
    present driver is the same.

    XP SP2 made a lot of changes to the system, and reinstalling the drivers is
    very helpful. Of course, all this is only to attempt to correct the
    situation. If there is something wrong with the digitizer after making sure
    the system is properly current, then you should consult with the OEM support
    section.

    Chris H., Dec 5, 2004
  5. Licantrop0

    Jan Wagner Guest

    Licantrop0 wrote:
    > I noticed that my ACER Tablet PC (C302XMi) isn't very accurated
    > to positioning mouse cursor (and the ink point) exactly under the tip
    > of the pen, expecially on the border of the screen, skewing cursor
    > to about 0.4 cm.
    >
    > I tryed to set up this, using the calibrating program included on xp,
    > (in landscape and protrait mode) but there is nothing to do!
    >
    > you found the same problem on your tablet?
    > if not, this issue can be an hardware problem?

    I had the same problem on c302xmi LX.T280E.138 version. With the Wacom
    driver http://www.wacom.com/tabletpc/ calibration works somewhat better.
    Even the pen button works (though maybe this worked already with the
    Acer drivers... ;)
    You'd still need to re-calibrate once in a while, and some corners still
    remain slighty worse than the rest of the screen, but, overall the
    cursor position should be more precise and keep well within 0.1cm -
    that's if you calibrate holding the pen at the normal angle at which you
    will be using it, and not perpendicular to the screen.

    cheers,
    - Jan

    Jan Wagner, Dec 6, 2004
  6. Licantrop0

    Metavalent Guest

    I've found this issue at the corners and edges on my Acer TravelMate
    C110 series, too. Technically, I have the 111. The 112 is also just
    another very minor variation on the C110 core model.

    In addition to occasional need to recalibrate for better accuracy at the
    edges, I've notice the task bar auto-hide feature is impractical to work
    with via pen. I really like to have that screen real estate when I only
    have 10.5" to begin with. I'm not complaining about that scree size, I
    prefer the very small very light tablet because it has completely freed
    me from decades of bondage carrying a leather bindered legal pad! I
    sometimes still can't believe that I am now six months completely done
    away with paper notepads thanks to FranklinCovey Tablet Planner and XP
    Tablet Edition 2005.

    Anyway, I'm going to try this "Enhanced Graphics Driver for Wacom
    Penabled Tablet PCs" and see if that doesn't make a difference.

    Metavalent, Dec 6, 2004
  7. Although on a Compaq TC 1000 I had exactly the same
    problem (suddenly noticed pen wasout of register on the
    screen edges and "noisy" pen signal down one side and
    calibration didn't fix it). Turned out to be the battery
    in the pen. Not sure what pen design is used by ACER, but
    if there is a battery , try replacing it.

    Shaun Herlihy, Dec 7, 2004
  8. Licantrop0

    terri Guest

    Hi, Shaun,

    Only the TC1000 uses a battery. Acer uses an electromagnetic digitizer.
    --
    Terri Stratton
    Editor / Owner

    terri, Dec 7, 2004
  9. Licantrop0

    Metavalent Guest

    Bummer. Turns out this driver (version 4.79) causes occasional (though
    always inopportune) BSOD's ... blue screen of death on my C111. I
    submitted the report to Wacom, they seem to have a reasonable form for
    at least collecting this kind of data. Anyway, I very much enjoyed the
    Enhanced Penabled driver's ability to redefine the way my pen works.

    With Firefox it was especially nice to have the pen's side button set to
    middle click for opening links in a new tab. No need to touch the
    screen, just hover at a link and pen-button click -- nifty. Combine
    that with setting the "hold pen to screen for right-click" recognition
    at fastest speed and you get a very usable pen for gesturing web pages
    backward and forward (hold pen to screen for less than a second and
    pen-stroke right or left). Alas, the stable Microsoft driver that I had
    to roll back to, version 5.1.2600.2180 (7/1/2001), doesn't allow for
    such flexibility.

    Metavalent, Dec 10, 2004