    Why would multi seem to be more taxing than single
    on the graphics card?

    Jeff

    hkl, Jun 24, 2005

  2. hkl

    Stoneskin Guest

    hkl left a note on my windscreen which said:

    > In BF2, I get good fps most of the time, 45-100
    > average about 55, with an occasional 35. But in
    > a fire fight, I'll very rarely see 12 fps for
    > a short while (couple seconds). Mind you, not every firefight, maybe
    > once every 3 hours of playing. Thing is, I don't
    > see this happening when I play the bots in single player,
    > even with 64 total bots. And in multi,
    > the scenes don't have particularly heavy effects,
    > like lots of big explosions, dust, smoke, etc.
    > Just lots of guys shooting. They are also random,
    > it's unpredictable when I'll go down to 12 fps, 35
    > is more normal, even in a heavy fight.
    >
    > Here's my question...what's causing the slowdown?
    > Why would multi seem to be more taxing than single
    > on the graphics card?
    >
    > Jeff

    I've seen a similar effect. From your post you hint at an SLI
    configuration which is also what I have.

    Athlon 64 4000+
    2 x 6800GT in SLI
    2GB RAM

    I have only seen this effect in the demo - not yet in the full game
    although I've not played that as extensively yet.
    --
    Stoneskin

    [Insert sig text here]

    Stoneskin, Jun 24, 2005

  3. hkl

    Conor Guest

    In article <>, hkl says...

    > Here's my question...what's causing the slowdown?

    The server you're connecting to.

    --
    Conor

    Conor, Jun 24, 2005