    protocols to use in order to establish a successful transfer of informatio
    from the PC to the PIC MCU?....Thanks

    ---------------------------------------
    que63, Oct 2, 2011

  2. que63

    linnix Guest

    On Oct 2, 11:09 am, "que63" <abdique63@n_o_s_p_a_m.gmail.com> wrote:
    > I am looking for suggestions on which PIC MCU to use with MRF24WB0MA (wifi
    > transceiver module which is compatible with PC18/24/32 and dsPIC)....I want
    > to send messages (80 chars) from my PC to this MCU through wifi and display
    > it on a 20 by 4 LCD. I plan to make my whole module to be battery powered
    > and I found out that the PIC18F1220 supports this requirement.

    You can rule out PIC18 for TCP/IP WiFi. You need lot of memories.

    > The problem comes in connecting the wifi module to WLAN and which TCP/IP
    > protocols to use in order to establish a successful transfer of information
    > from the PC to the PIC MCU?....Thanks

    PIC24FJ256 should do, with a USB WiFi adapter call Android. Anyway,
    that's what we are doing.
    linnix, Oct 2, 2011

  3. que63

    Claude Guest

    In article <>, abdique63
    @n_o_s_p_a_m.gmail.com says...

    > I am looking for suggestions on which PIC MCU to use with MRF24WB0MA (wifi
    > transceiver module which is compatible with PC18/24/32 and dsPIC)....I want
    > to send messages (80 chars) from my PC to this MCU through wifi and display
    > it on a 20 by 4 LCD. I plan to make my whole module to be battery powered
    > and I found out that the PIC18F1220 supports this requirement.

    Be sure you're picking an ethernet part.
    Not all pic18 support this.
    For the microchip TCPIP stack at least 128kb rom and 64kb ram are
    required I think.
    You'd be best of with a pic32, but it's a totally new architecture.

    Then on how to exchange data: you have many options.
    There are a number of way to use custom sockets with Microchip TCPIP
    stack, but I can't give you any advice as I haven't personally used any.

    Claudio
    Claude, Oct 3, 2011
  4. que63

    John Temples Guest

    On 2011-10-03, Claude <> wrote:
    > In article <>, abdique63
    > @n_o_s_p_a_m.gmail.com says...
    >>
    >> I am looking for suggestions on which PIC MCU to use with MRF24WB0MA (wifi
    >> transceiver module which is compatible with PC18/24/32 and dsPIC)....I want
    >> to send messages (80 chars) from my PC to this MCU through wifi and display
    >> it on a 20 by 4 LCD. I plan to make my whole module to be battery powered
    >> and I found out that the PIC18F1220 supports this requirement.

    > Be sure you're picking an ethernet part.

    Why would he want or need an Ethernet part to interface to a MRF24WB0MA?

    --
    John W. Temples, III
    John Temples, Oct 5, 2011
  5. que63

    dp Guest

    On Oct 5, 9:12 am, John Temples <> wrote:
    > On 2011-10-03, Claude <> wrote:
    >
    > > In article <>, abdique63
    > > @n_o_s_p_a_m.gmail.com says...

    > >> I am looking for suggestions on which PIC MCU to use with MRF24WB0MA (wifi
    > >> transceiver module which is compatible with PC18/24/32 and dsPIC)....Iwant
    > >> to send messages (80 chars) from my PC to this MCU through wifi and display
    > >> it on a 20 by 4 LCD. I plan to make my whole module to be battery powered
    > >> and I found out that the PIC18F1220 supports this requirement.

    > > Be sure you're picking an ethernet part.

    > Why would he want or need an Ethernet part to interface to a MRF24WB0MA?

    Why would he interface it at all. Yet another undocumented wifi
    part. "Works with the free tcp stack", great.
    If I need something which "works with", I'd go for a readily available
    TV-set, phone, notebook, whatever.
    If I design a part in I expect it to be documented so I can at least
    talk to it if not reprogram it.
    But this is the wifi reality today, unfortunately. Someone(s?) was
    busy
    buying out and killing all documented wifi parts which used to be on
    the market at the beginning and nobody in the trade seems to notice
    or object that.

    Dimiter

    Dimiter Popoff Transgalactic Instruments

    http://www.tgi-sci.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/didi_tgi/sets/72157600228621276/
    dp, Oct 5, 2011
  6. que63 skrev 2011-10-02 20:09:
    > I am looking for suggestions on which PIC MCU to use with MRF24WB0MA (wifi
    > transceiver module which is compatible with PC18/24/32 and dsPIC)....I want
    > to send messages (80 chars) from my PC to this MCU through wifi and display
    > it on a 20 by 4 LCD. I plan to make my whole module to be battery powered
    > and I found out that the PIC18F1220 supports this requirement.
    >
    > The problem comes in connecting the wifi module to WLAN and which TCP/IP
    > protocols to use in order to establish a successful transfer of information
    > from the PC to the PIC MCU?....Thanks
    >

    > ---------------------------------------
    > Posted through http://www.EmbeddedRelated.com

    Have a look at the WiFi stuff at http://www.hd-wireless.se/
    There is a module which has a UART interface.

    http://www.hd-wireless.se/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=130

    I think you can get the stuff through Arrow.
    If you can skip the PIC, there is ready software for AVR32s.

    BR
    Ulf Samuelsson
    Ulf Samuelsson, Oct 6, 2011
  7. que63

    Olimex Guest

    On 2 ïËÔ, 21:09, "que63" <abdique63@n_o_s_p_a_m.gmail.com> wrote:
    > I am looking for suggestions on which PIC MCU to use with MRF24WB0MA (wifi
    > transceiver module which is compatible with PC18/24/32 and dsPIC)....I want
    > to send messages (80 chars) from my PC to this MCU through wifi and display
    > it on a 20 by 4 LCD. I plan to make my whole module to be battery powered
    > and I found out that the PIC18F1220 supports this requirement.
    >
    > The problem comes in connecting the wifi module to WLAN and which TCP/IP
    > protocols to use in order to establish a successful transfer of information
    > from the PC to the PIC MCU?....Thanks

    > Posted throughhttp://www.EmbeddedRelated.com

    www.olimex.com/dev check for MOD-WIFI there is demo web server done
    with this module and PIC32-MX460LCD but it will work with any of our
    PIC board which have UEXT connector, Microchip web stack provide easy
    way to make TCP-IP to RS232 bridge

    Best regards
    Tsvetan
    Olimex, Oct 6, 2011